“Best chowder” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Seating
Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
“Best chowder”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

This place hidden away from the Main Street is well worth finding it was the best chowder we tasted in America ,and we tasted a few on both sides east and west.The hospitality of the owner was something I WOULD tip for !lovely Irish man! He then sent us to the best ice cream in the town and had a chat with the local law enforcement felt a real community feel at this place a must go to place !

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Jenny V

st louis mo
“Fantastic Haddock chowder”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

My husband and I recently visited Maine, and this small place offers some of the best chowder we ever tasted.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank cgervaisr
Albany, New York
“This is real chowder.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

I love clam chowder. I don't love when I go to New England and get a clam chowder with the consitency of paste. Real authentic clam chowder is not meant to be so creamy you feel sick after a small cup. Gran's chowder is legitimate and hands down the best clam chowder I have had to date. I also sampled the lobster bisque which had a food chemists touch when it came to the perfect amount of sherry. We took home 2 large containers of the clam chowder, it didn't go to waste. Tony is also a very charismatic fellow who clearly has a passion for his business. I imagine he is the kind of guy who is there every single day. We found Gran's on the food tour in Kennebunkport. It is now on our list of places we will go every single year for chowder. Keep up the good work Tony! Thanks for coming over from Ireland and sharing the family recipe!

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Chris W
Flagler Beach, Florida
“Great chowder, must try!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

We really enjoyed the haddock chowder, but next time we go back we're going to try one of the other 5 different chowders.
The folks that own the place are super friendly

Visited August 2013
1 Thank dmarch333
Swieqi, Malta
“A fantastic family business”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

Went here as part of a foodie tour.

Everything is awesome and the owner is just amazing, so friendly and helpful she is part irish are all by heritage.

All recipes are family ones, a must try is the clam chowder and the lobster bisque both best I have tasted anywhere.

Visited August 2013