“Fantastic Haddock chowder”

Cuisines: American
st louis mo
“Fantastic Haddock chowder”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

My husband and I recently visited Maine, and this small place offers some of the best chowder we ever tasted.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank cgervaisr

Albany, New York
“This is real chowder.”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I love clam chowder. I don't love when I go to New England and get a clam chowder with the consitency of paste. Real authentic clam chowder is not meant to be so creamy you feel sick after a small cup. Gran's chowder is legitimate and hands down the best clam chowder I have had to date. I also sampled the lobster bisque which had a food chemists touch when it came to the perfect amount of sherry. We took home 2 large containers of the clam chowder, it didn't go to waste. Tony is also a very charismatic fellow who clearly has a passion for his business. I imagine he is the kind of guy who is there every single day. We found Gran's on the food tour in Kennebunkport. It is now on our list of places we will go every single year for chowder. Keep up the good work Tony! Thanks for coming over from Ireland and sharing the family recipe!

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Chris W
Flagler Beach, Florida
“Great chowder, must try!”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We really enjoyed the haddock chowder, but next time we go back we're going to try one of the other 5 different chowders.
The folks that own the place are super friendly

Visited August 2013
1 Thank dmarch333
Swieqi, Malta
“A fantastic family business”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Went here as part of a foodie tour.

Everything is awesome and the owner is just amazing, so friendly and helpful she is part irish are all by heritage.

All recipes are family ones, a must try is the clam chowder and the lobster bisque both best I have tasted anywhere.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank paul t
Dallas
“More Hype than it is worth”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

They pride themselves on their mainstay-Chowders. They were extremely disappointing. Watered down and lacking flavor & substance not to mention overpriced.

Visited July 2013