“Great chowder, must try!”
Review of Gran's Chowder House - CLOSED

Gran's Chowder House
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We really enjoyed the haddock chowder, but next time we go back we're going to try one of the other 5 different chowders.
The folks that own the place are super friendly

1  Thank dmarch333

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Went here as part of a foodie tour.

Everything is awesome and the owner is just amazing, so friendly and helpful she is part irish are all by heritage.

All recipes are family ones, a must try is the clam chowder and the lobster bisque both best I have tasted anywhere.

1  Thank paul t
Reviewed August 15, 2013

They pride themselves on their mainstay-Chowders. They were extremely disappointing. Watered down and lacking flavor & substance not to mention overpriced.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Awesome couple, welcomed us and was so enthusiastic about sharing the story of their restaurant. we loved the chowda, was seriously delicious, do not miss this hidden gem. we were introduced on the Foodie tour.....superb :-)

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We were browsing in Kennebunkport when we was a large white board which said that Gran's had all gluten-free chowders. So we couldn't resist!! I had also brought my own gluten-free roll so I could enjoy a lobster roll with the lobster chowder. They offered to toast my roll on a separate grill so it would not be contaminated. This told me they were knowledgeable about gluten-free items. Everything was delicious and we strongly recommend this restaurant-even if you are not gluten-free!