“Relax on the Patio”

Tides Beach Club Hotel Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Tides Beach Club Hotel Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 51 Restaurants in Kennebunkport
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Belvidere
Description: Dining at the Tides Beach Club in Kennebunkport, Maine is a refreshing experience with the emphasis on fresh! Our menu is bursting with fruits of the seas and vegetables of the garden, skillfully prepared in an uncomplicated manner to emphasize the great quality of the food and loving attention of Chef John Shaw. Pair your favorite with one of our signature cocktails or a selection from our extensive wine list and we are sure that you will have a meal that you will never forget.
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is my second review in the last two weeks. I was disappointed the first time my husband and I ate at this restaurant. This time, we couldn't fault it. The service was excellent, the food was great and as last time the ambiance was perfect. We sat more than 3 hours on the patio, grazing the appetizer menu. The lobster appetizer is very tasty. The ahi tuna salad is fresh and very good. We also had the lobster croissant, which was small, but good. We also had the bucket of fries... they are soooo good. We chatted with other diners on the patio as the sun set. We left feeling relaxed and happy. Thank you!

There are newer reviews for Tides Beach Club Hotel Restaurant

Reviewed September 24, 2012

This was my second time dining here and my wife's first time. We dined light by ordering a couple of items off the 'First' part of the menu and one item of the 'Sandwich' part of the menu. The fish tacos while good, tasted a little bland and needed a little more spice. The Buffalo Fried Shrimp are wonderful, We could eat them all day, highly recommended. This is the second time I have had the TBC Bacon Burger and it has to be the absolute BEST burger in town. Never disappointing.

One negative to mention. With all the work that was done to remodel this establishment I would think the management could spend a little more money on having the inner dining area floor shored up some more. It is very disconcerting and distracting to have your dining table bounce and glasses jiggle on the table every time a server or patron walks by.

Will certainly go back!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Make a reservation but even if you show up there is a good chance you can be seated after 8:30PM. Dinner is worth the wait. Three of us went to dinner and waited in the lobby in comfy chairs with cocktails as we had no reservation. The two men and I have traveled the world independent of one another and each of us has come to enjoy and appreciate great food and outstanding service. All of which we found here! The staff was very friendly, young 20’s, engaging and accommodating. We enjoyed leafing through the large picture book in the foyer as did many other couples entering and leaving! What a nice touch and a great conversation piece.
Our appetizers were a great way to kick of a phenomenal meal. The steamed Mussels in coconut milk, green curry, Thai basil and cilantro was divine both sweet and tender! Perfection at its best and could have been a meal alone for $10! Amazing value….. I had the roasted KB Lobster. A first roasted lobster for this New England girl and no butter needed. It was fantastic so tasty and fresh! The farm to table salad appetizers were also very good! The spice rubbed grilled swordfish with wild mushrooms was cooked to perfection. It is good competition for the Swordfish served at sister restaurant Earth! The mushrooms melted in our mouths! The Roasted half chicken was a large portion, yummy and moist. Nicely done for a chicken dinner! Alicia our wait staff was wonderful and very attentive. She answered our questions about both The Tides and Earth both of which we enjoyed and both very different. We were full and it was late so we decided to have dessert and after dinner drinks at Earth! A fun and delicious dinner at the Tides Beach Club and then off to fabulous & phenomenal desserts at Earth at Hidden Pond with a “chance” meeting with Tim Harrington the creator and developer of these two great venues! What a fun way to end a fabulous evening out with good friends!

Reviewed September 23, 2012

We were turned away from Earth restaurant nearby as they only served residents at Hidden Pond (a sister property of the Tides) for lunch. That's how we ended up at The Tides Inn. The restaurant is on the ground floor of a hotel/inn that looks like an old mansion. Decorations are tasteful and the restrooms modern and clean. The view of the water from the front porch is idyllic in the September sun.

Four of us sat at a table by the bar as all the tables in the bay window were taken on a sunny Sunday in September. The waiter was prompt, attentive, then got out of the way. My wife and I shared the heirloom tomato salad (with incredible flavor for such a simple salad) and chowder and they were superb. I had fish tacos and they were the best I've ever had.

I would go out of my way to eat here again.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

My husband and I were hoping for a romantic dinner and we found it here! The restaurant is small but very romantic and chic. I would recommend a reservation because it was busy all night. The drinks are great and the food was outstanding. I had the tuna steak and I LOVED it! I would highly recommend!