“Trip down memory lane”

Seashore Trolley Museum
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: World's largest electric railway museum, offering rides on private railroad, exhibits, museum store, picnic tables. Appealing to all age groups. Many special events throughout the season!
Reviewed July 23, 2012

This must be the worlds largest collection of trolleys with examples from all over the USA and some from europe. A great way to spend an afternoon with a trolley ride into the forest and time browsing around those in store and under repair .Most can be visited without any restriction.This is a good place for a family visit as the children will enjoy the ride and even the ladies will find it interesting to see how we used to travel.

1  Thank GrahamHelen
There are newer reviews for Seashore Trolley Museum

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Okay maybe it's just me. But this place needs signs. Once you step out of the building where you buy your tickets you are at the trolley tracks with the trolleys. Beyond that is a couple of building, but no signs to tell you where the trolley's are. There's a sign that said not to step on the trolley tracks so how do you get to the buildings? We did ask a volunteer who directed us but after we looked at the 2 buildings & the building where they are renovating trolleys & took the trolley ride we weren't sure if we were missing something or what. The tour guilde on the trolley did show us in the 2 buildings & he was vey knowledgeable but if you went on your own you would have been lost. I would have liked to have known more about the trolleys themselves, where they were in service, how long they operated, things like that. I realize the place is run by volunteers & I am happy I went. I had been by several times but never when it was open. I don't think I'd go back again, it's not some place you'd visit over & over again since I would assume nothing changes. The trolley ride was fun though!

1  Thank Lovelyliki
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Got to take a trolley ride through the forest. The trolley and grounds are not ADA compliant but the museum and gift shop are still great. I saw trackless trollies from Cambridge,MA

1  Thank S W
Reviewed July 9, 2012

What is Founders Day? The Museum was founded on July 5, 1939. The museum celebrates Independence Day and its founding every year with a parade of the marticulously restored vintage trolley cars. On a normal day you might see three or four of these cars operating but on founders day there are a dozen or more. They pull up to the platform individually and the announcer give a brief history of the car. We saw street cars from New Haven, Connecticut, Washington, DC, Chicago, Dallas, Sydney, Australia to name a few. They every had a freight motor from Sanford and Springvale, Maine that is beautifully restored.
But here is the secret. All that equipment that is used in the parade has to be put away after the show. You will see more trolley movements in an hour than at any other during the year. Mark your calendar for the Saturday after July 4th 2013. You might want to check their website too.
trolleymuseum.org

2  Thank David F
Reviewed June 27, 2012

This is an excellent place to visit. Lots of history of trolleys as well as wonderful and informative conductors who volunteer all of their time. The 3 mile trip in the trolley was very fun.

3  Thank Sharon P