“Great little spot”

Ranked #8 of 26 Kennebunkport B&B and Inns
Watertown, CT.
“Great little spot”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Upon arrival, we were greeted by a very friendly young lady named Allison, she was wonderful! I really didn't expect much when we checked in only because it was last minute and I didn't even think a place like this would have a room. We ended up in a in a very nice and more importantyly very clean room. I could have asked for a better view or location. We walked to the cutest little shops and had a very nice breakfast at the restaurant that is located in the hotel. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
GrandHotelManager, General Manager at The Boathouse Waterfront Hotel, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear Metinky,
Thank you for the great review. We are so happy that we were able to provide you with great last minute accommodations. Our housekeeping team take great pride in their work and will be please to hear your comments! We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Mindy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Naples, Florida
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Great, boutique hotel. Location, within walking distance to Dock Square is perfect. Wonderful amenities in the room...lotions, bottled water,Keurig, cookies. Fun restaurant and bar downstairs. Appreciated having own parking spot. Staff goes out of their way to accomadate. Could use mini fridge in room. Our room had no dresser. That was really awkward. Also, the bedside table was just a table. No drawers to put ANYTHING away. Closet has a shelf, but is modest and only holds a few hanging clothes. Breakfast was fine, very limited. Liked the rooftop, but the furniture was limited and very uncomfortable. Bed was comfy, sheets were great. Try it, but get the biggest room they have!!!
No fitness center. No pool.

Room Tip: Get the BIGGEST one available. Worth the up charge. Also, get the Wharf side. They have 2 sides.
Dear Sandy7117,
Thank you for your review. Since we are a boutique hotel all of our rooms are different sizes and some allow for dressers and others don't. As you pointed out your room did not have a dresser, however we were able to provide you with a closet with hangers. The complimentary breakfast that we offer is a continential with muffins, juice, bread, fruit, salmon, meats, coffee and an egg dish every morning. There are also small cafes within walking distance as well as a breakfast restaurant very close by if you are looking for pancakes or omelets. You are correct, we do not have a pool on site but in the late spring and summer months we do have 2 sister properties that offer our guests to use their pools. They are a very short drive away and do offer parking as well as food and beverage service.
Again, thank you so much for leaving a great review and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Midlothian, Virginia
Reviewed June 20, 2014

I really do not know where to start, I have so many great things to say about this hotel. We stayed several days last week. From the time I made the reservation with Mindy in March, I knew I had pick the right hotel for us. We arrived to our personalize parking space, which is a huge bonus not to worry about parking. (there is limited parking in the area). Check in was fast and polite and then we made it to our room and WOW... the room was excellent!! We had 2 balconies, a personalized note, chocolate covered strawberries and a bottle of champagne. Once again, I have to thank Mindy for making our first time to Kennebunkport amazing. I had told her during our reservation that we had to cancel our wedding and wanted to get away for a few days. She went out of her way to make sure we had a nice stay. Whoopie pie was left in the room and bottle water. I had no clue what a whoopie pie was, but I do now ;) We made dinner reservations in advance and had an amazing dinner, the chef even came out and spoke with us. Dinner was so good, we went back the next night. The location of the hotel is perfect. It is right in the middle of the little town. I have sensitive skin and they brought different toiletries to our room when they found out I could not use the current soaps in the room. The bedding and bed were so comfortable. We both said we had a great night sleep.We loved the nautical feel of the hotel. It is well decorated. Each morning they prepare a very nice breakfast in the restaurant for those staying in the hotel. Quiche was excellent!! This is a small boutique hotel.. Maybe 12 rooms and I can not wait to come back in the future. Book your room, you will not regret it!!!

Room Tip: Get a room on the water is possible.. Its worth the money
1 Thank Pjtime
Dear Pjtime,
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad that we were able to introduce you to whoopie pies! They are an amazing Maine treat! We all love being able to treat our guests like they are at home and that they are special to us. I am glad that we were able to accomplish that for you and also that you are looking forward to returning. The Boathouse Hotel is right in the heart of it all. I will make sure to share your kind words with the restaurant as well, I am sure they will appreciate it.
Thank you so very much and I look forward to see you again very soon!
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

So romantic... it's like staying on a ship!!! Best happy hour... Great location... great roof deck... rooms were so nice.... staff was great... I loved the parking!! ( they had our name on a "parking slip") so much fun... we missed breakfast but heard it was amazing!!!! We are getting married and sneaking away for the night... it might be here!!!!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
GrandHotelManager, General Manager at The Boathouse Waterfront Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear TravelingBetty1129,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. Our guests really seem to enjoy the reserved parking spot. We have some guests that actually take their pictures with it and post it on Facebook! I am so glad that you had a chance to enjoy our roof deck! It is such a special and relaxing place.
We hope you will stop by and see us again soon!
USA
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I spent our anniversary at the Boathouse over Memorial Day Weekend. We had a great experience from check-in to check-out. The hotel is located on the water just off Dock Square. There are many restaurants and shops just a short walk from the hotel.

Our room was located on a corner with floor to ceiling windows and two balconies that provided great views of the river. The room was large, comfortable and spotless. The kingsize bed was very comfortable. Service was also notable throughout our stay. The reserved parking space with our name was a nice touch.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in Kennebunkport. We will be returning to the hotel this fall based on our stay.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Jmwh7,
Thank you for writing a review. I am thrilled that you had a great experience from the moment you checked in until the moment you checked out. We take pride in providing our guests with an exceptional experience. We look forward to you stopping by to see us again this fall.
Reviewed May 28, 2014

It was late September and the weather was perfect. My husband and I were attending his Fraternity's 50th Reunion - Theta Beta Pi. Upon entering the parking lot we were wondering if we would be able to find a space when I noticed an orange cone with our name on it! Imagine, our own parking spot for the whole weekend. The attention to service and guest comfort was first class. The Boathouse had just opened its doors that May but you would think they had been at it forever. We dined in the bar - which wraps around the entire outside of the dining area and inside to the entrance of the Dining room, with huge windows that open up to let the fresh air inside so that we didn't even have to physically go outside to enjoy the feel of dinning on the deck. We cannot wait to return for more long weekends at the Boathouse.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the town and front of the hotel. All the rooms are well insulated to you...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear RipleyB,
Thanks so much for such a great review! The restaurant does have a fabulous atmosphere and Kennebunkport is amazing in the fall. The cool sea breeze and the crowd size being smaller are great draws to coming in the off season. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon!
Canton, MI
Reviewed May 6, 2014

This was a wonderful place to stay!!! I was here for two nights (May 2). The entire staff was very pleasant from my arrival to my departure. I stayed in room 201 which gave me two beautiful views and access to the stairs leading to the first floor lobby. i dined in their restaurant and the food was very good. I ate at the Hurricane restaurant the second night and the food was also good. The hotel is new and everything is decorated quite nicely. Well worth the money.

Room Tip: Try to get room 201.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Dorothea4085
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kennebunkport
The Grand Hotel
#15 of 26 in Kennebunkport
Captain Lord Mansion
Captain Lord Mansion
#3 of 26 in Kennebunkport

Been to The Boathouse Waterfront Hotel? Share your experiences!