“Fall wedding”

Ranked #15 of 26 Kennebunkport B&B and Inns
Altoona, Pennsylvania
“Fall wedding”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

My husband and I attended a wedding in Kennebunkport, ME last weekend. After reviewing other properties on-line I chose the Old Parsonage Guest House. The rates were great and the breakfast was quite a treat. Just a few short blocks from the village it was perfect for our needs. Christopher, Cindy and Zoe were delightful hosts and were very helpful in directing us to local attractions.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
oldparsonage04046, Manager at Old Parsonage Guest House, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Jim and Paula,

thank you for your review and helping us spread the word about our business.

We are glad that you choose to stay with us for that special occasion.

Take Care Cindy

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Abington, MA
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband and I were looking to get away for a few days. We decided to stay at the Old Parsonage. We stayed in the newly renovated downstairs room. The bed was more comfortable than my own at home (so much so, that I purchased a brand new mattress as soon as I returned from my trip!!). Christopher and Cindy were warm and friendly and helpful. The breakfast was amazing..... and is one of the reasons we'll be returning. It takes only 3 minutes to walk downtown, if you're interested in doing a little shopping (but don't want to worry about parking). I plan on going back as soon as we have another few free days.

Room Tip: The downstairs room was large and very quiet.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We were in Kennebunkport for an August wedding, and couldn't believe the rates that local hotels were asking. Then a friend recommended the Old Parsonage, and we were so glad he did. What a deal! The innkeepers were friendly, the room was clean and homey, and breakfast was incredible—generous portions of excellent food. We would certainly return.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We stayed in this B&B for my wife's 40th birthday (long) weekend last summer. It was the most affordable place in the area and it was a wonderful stay. The food was delicious and the hosts were very friendly. We loved meeting their young daughter and just everything about this place! Everything is very clean and a super easy walk into town. If we ever return to this area we would stay here for sure. Highly recommend!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I was looking for a basic, affordable place to stay but I got much more than that at the Old Parsonage. First of all, the owners are hotel business professionals and they just happen to be the friendliest B&B hosts I have had anywhere. My room was beautiful and kept spotless every day. The breakfasts were different each morning, and five-star-hotel-quality. Their guest house is centrally located, within walking distance to Dock Square, and there is parking for your car. You really don’t need to pay more for a pleasant stay in Kennebunkport. I highly recommend the Old Parsonage if you want a first rate B&B and don’t want to spend all your money on accommodations.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Alain G
Alstead
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Although I have turned to Trip Advisor to check out hotel listings, I thought this particular B & B certainly warranted a review and I best get right at it and not put it off. My husband and I were traveling along the Maine coast and drove into Kennebunkport to have a lobster roll at one of our favorite restaurants in Dock Square (Allison's always serves the best and biggest lobster roll I've ever had - anywhere). After dinner we drove to Cape Porpoise on Route 9 and noticed a lovely looking Greek Revival colonial house not far from Dock Square on School Street, The Old Parsonage Guest House B & B. On our return trip from viewing Goat Island Lighthouse, we stopped to inquire about pricing, etc. and decided to give it a try.

The house was very cheerful, fresh, extremely clean, nicely decorated and the couple that ran the B & B were very pleasant and friendly. Did I mention that the pricing was extremely reasonable? Especially for this area which is known for being rather pricey. The rooms had all been recently renovated with a nice mix of new and old; well done. The rooms with private baths had been reserved and the only room left shared a bath. We decided to give it a try and it worked out just fine. I think we Americans tend to be too picky about such things. BUT - the most amazing part was Breakfast! As it happens, one of the owners was a professional cook before having some physical problems. Now, although he is unable to endure long hours of standing, Chris, along with help from his wife, Cindy, serve up a feast for breakfast. We were served fresh fruit salad, an amazing baked french toast, sausage, homemade coffee cake and muffins that were all melt in your mouth yummy (plus all the other coffee, juices, teas, toast, yogurts, etc.). When we checked in, Cindy asked us about diet restrictions, likes and dislikes and really catered to our needs. We thoroughly enjoyed our breakfast meal and also met other travelers, 2 folks from Germany and 2 from the Boston area. To top it off, Cindy (one of the owners) was raised in Germany and could converse with her European guests! We had a good night's sleep, wonderful conversations and great food without breaking the bank.

Another wonderful part about staying at a small B & B, hotel or inn, is the local info you don't get at a large impersonal motel. We happen to live within 100 miles from Kennebunkport and love to make day trips to the area. Cindy told us about Goose Rocks Beach, a place we've never been, some of her favorite restaurants, and the special weekend in December that involves the whole town with craft fairs, caroling, bell ringing, tree lighting. All good reasons to return and stay at their inn another time.

For us, this was a gem of a find. Oh and Chris & Cindy also have a delightful young daughter and welcome families to their inn. Many B & B's do not allow children, but, as they so nicely state in their brochure: "Well-behaved children are welcome to stay". We will certainly put the Old Parsonage Guest House on our list for future visits to Kennebunkport.

Room Tip: If you want a private bath - book in advance. However, the shared bath works just fine - very clean...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank L R
lll
Reviewed January 4, 2013

My wife, two kids and I planned a last minute trip to Kennebunkport last summer and we basically stumbled upon the Old Parsonage. The facilities were extremely nice and exactly what you would expect from a New England B&B, very homey, quaint and an excellent experience. The owners were very friendly and accommodating and went out of their way to make us feel welcome. The breakfasts were fantastic. The Old Parsonage is only about a five minute walk to town which was very convenient considering how tough parking in town can be, we just left our car and walked everywhere. Their rates were very reasonable which was nice surprise considering our late booking in the height of tourist season. Everything was immaculate and comfortable.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Tom K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kennebunkport
King's Port Inn
#3 of 26 in Kennebunkport
Kennebunkport Inn
Kennebunkport Inn
#6 of 26 in Kennebunkport

Been to Old Parsonage Guest House? Share your experiences!