“never got seated”

Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Spring Street
Description: One Dock Prime showcases classic steakhouse fare. Aged Prime Brandt beef cuts and local seafood take center stage to rich side dishes like creamed spinach, house cut fries and sautéed Brussels sprouts. The bar features timeless cocktails like Martinis and French 75s, and new-style updates like the Classic Daiquiri with house-infused watermelon rum.
Newton, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“never got seated”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

made a reservation and waited a half hr. let me add, that this was at 8pm, on a thursday, during october. we were really frustrated and went somewhere else.

the vibe in the bar area was really bizarre. we labeled it "grizzled swingers". older crowd.

all in all, the experience was uncomfortable and unwelcoming and after waiting for a half hr (with a reservation), we left.

Connecticut
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I stayed at the Kennebunkport Inn this past summer. After I unpacked I headed to the lounge for a drink and appetizer. I had the crab cakes and truffle fries. Honestly, I have never had better fries ever! The crab cakes were also very good.
That evening I went to One Dock. I ordered the Lazy Lobster, it was cooked perfectly and the portion was generous. I also want to mention that the service was excellent. I ate there two more times. The only disappointment was the Rib Eye. Though it was cooked med rare as I ordered, it was thin with little flavor.
This would be my choice for dinner in Kennebunkport, can't wait to go back!

• Visited August 2012
KPTMGR, Manager at One Dock Prime, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Dear Tucker0708,
We love hearing about our guests' experience and will be sharing your review with our staff. It speaks volumes to the impression we made that you would take the time to share with us about your experience this past summer. Your feedback is appreciated and we look forward to your return visits.

Kindly,
Nuneaton
“Great food.”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We ate here after reading reviews and having it recommended by the receptionist at our accommodation. A really good choice.
The food was lovely. My wife and friends had lobster, whilst I had slow braised short ribs that were so tender they practically melted in your mouth.
The whole place was very well presented, and there were even little blankets for sitting around the roaring log fire outside.
Recommended.

KPTMGR, Manager at One Dock Prime, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Dear Kevin H,
Thank you for choosing One Dock for your recent dinner. With so many great restaurants here in town, we are happy you chose us. We are also delighted you got to enjoy some of our favorite things about this time of year. Our present menu is inspired by fall, and we are happy you got to enjoy it alongside the roaring fireplace. We hope we will see you soon!

Best,
Rindge, New Hampshire
“Fine Dining in Kennebunkport”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

The food and service in this little gem was 5 star. I had the Lazy Lobster one night and my mother had the duck. The lobster had 8 solid ounces of tail and claw meat and was accompanied by a lovely grilled asparagus. Her duck was tender but not greasy and our plates were very clean at the end of the meal. But we left room for blueberry cobbler!
The service was excellent as well, leisurely but not slow.

1 Thank Mariank9camp
KPTMGR, Manager at One Dock Prime, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Dear Mariank9camp,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent dinner at One Dock. Our staff strives to give the best experience and with a 5 star rating like yours it sounds like we did just that. The chef uses only fresh lobster meat from a 1 1/2lb lobster ensuring there is always a lot of "lazy" lobster meat to enjoy, and the duck is one of our favorite fall dishes too. We hope you will be able to come back soon to sample more of our recently added fall-inspired dishes.
Best,
Stamford, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“late night drinks!”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Just order a couple of appetizers...more than filling and decently priced. Great social scene late night with music.