We had so much fun at the Lodge on the Cove we didn't want to leave. It was a perfect family spot, with a groovy vibe for adults. Loved the decor in the lobby and the poolside bar , it was sophisticated, yet fun. Beach passes, cute yellow and white towel and new blue beach chairs were available to borrow for a day at the beach as were bikes for riding around the beautiful back roads around the lodge. Breakfast muffins, fruit, granola and yogurt were out each morning along with coffee tea and juice and it was great to hang out in the lobby and look out over the pool and the cove over breakfast.
From the minute we arrived, we felt happy to be there. We brought our kids, and they had a great time swimming, playing ping pong, doing the bean bag toss, checking out DVDs and getting snacks at the poolside bar. The adults loved the happy hour along with the live music each evening.
We were on the "no plan plan" and Christie, the manager, couldn't have been more helpful at helping us figure out what to do and making recommendations. Julia, Marcello and Loretta were also standouts.
We can't wait to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lodge on the Cove offers a modern and light hearted approach to the quintessential relaxed Maine experience. This newly furbished classic motor lodge is nestled on a wooded cove in Kennebunkport with a relaxed, yet refined, feel. The Lodge offers a vibrant mix of vintage, classic and contemporary furnishings, bold patterns and an upbeat color palette. It is a combination of natural elements, nautically inspired accents and local art that together bring an organic and eclectic Maine vibe. The Lodge will be the hub of activity with check in, lobby and a poolside bar – the perfect place for relaxing and soaking up the fresh Maine air. Onsite bar and restaurant, The Dory, will offer a wide array of fresh cocktails along with simple and delicious light fare. Glass doors open up to the pool deck creating a spacious area for games, gathering, dining or to simply just laze about. Welcoming and unassuming, The Lodge on the Cove is a happy place to visit, perfect for multi-generational travel, couples and young families. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Groupon, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your The Lodge on the Cove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village Cove Hotel Kennebunkport
- The Lodge On The Cove Kennebunkport, Maine