“Happier hour”
Review of The Burleigh

The Burleigh
Reserve with OpenTable
The Burleigh is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 60 Restaurants in Kennebunkport
Description: The menu at The Burleigh -- Kennebunkport's hottest new restaurant -- features the creative entrees and sides Chef John Shaw is known for, with an emphasis on both fresh Maine seafood and classic American fare with a twist. Signature dishes include blue cheese Maine mussels, garlic shrimp, bourbon roasted half chicken, and bacon-creamed corn. With its lively bar, spacious outdoor deck, and cozy fireplace, The Burleigh is sure to become one of Kennebunkport’s premier nightspots, appealing to diners seeking creative cocktails, live music, and a social vibe.
Reviewed August 19, 2018

Stopped in for Sunday happy hour (3-5) and were not disappointed. Started off with the $5 brussels sprouts and then enjoyed the $20 brew and burger. The hamburger was generously sized and piled with bacon and accompanied by a nice portion of fries. We sat on the back patio and could still hear the band playing on the side porch. Highly recommend.

1  Thank Thormomma

Reviewed August 12, 2018

The setting is great - nice ambience if you can sit outside. Sometimes they have live music. But chef drowned the lobster roll in mayo. The potato starter was too crisp. But portions are big. We were warned that the lobster risotto was "too citrusy." Pick and choose wisely.

Noelle C, Manager at The Burleigh, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2018

Dear airmere,

Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant and share your feedback on your dining experience. I am sorry that it was not up to your standards. We always "try hard" as opposed to not trying at all to please our guests when it comes to our food, and I understand it did not meet your expectations. We hope you will give us another try to meet your standards and let you judge the risotto for yourself. Please feel free to contact me personally at ncroce@kennebunkportinn.com should you choose to decide to dine with us again, we would love the opportunity to change your mind

Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

Jeff was our bartender/server and he was fantastic!!! We had the wings with a honey peanut glaze and the mussels with coconut curry sauce. Oh boy!!! It was terrific and such a great comfortable setting. We are going back today if that tells you anything. Starts at 3 pm.

1  Thank Medea S

Dear Medea S,

Thank you for dining with us and sharing your positive experience with us. Jeff is one of our best and were happy to know he provided a great time for you while you also enjoyed our creative chicken wings. Looking forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed August 11, 2018

I've always found the outside appearance of this restaurant to be confusing for a few reasons so let me start by clearing that up for anyone else confused. As you walk by there's an outdoor bar that can be seen from Spring Street with several tables. This is a lounge area that you can walk right into. If a table is open you can just sit down. They serve the full menu here. If you walk in the front door, which is also the entrance to the Kennebunkport Inn, you can be seated inside or on the outdoor porch, which is on the other side, and not viewable from the street. We went on a Friday night and there was live music on the porch. We sat in the outdoor lounge area and our server was also the bartender. He was very patient in explaining the different beer options to my husband. The menu was somewhat limited so I selected something I've never tried before, brown butter skate wing. When our food arrived our server asked me if I knew how to eat it, to which I replied, "No, I didn't know there was a particular way to eat it." He explained and it was very simple. I really appreciated that he did this. It was absolutely delicious. My husband ordered the steak which was equally delicious. I looked around inside and it was very warm and inviting. We will definitely return to this fabulous restaurant. In the meantime, please go in and order the skate wing because it is amazing and I want them to keep it on the menu for when we return!

Dear AbbyG401,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us after your dining with us. I am happy to know your server took very good care of you and that the Kennebunkport Inn has become a place you enjoy! We look forward to you coming back and enjoying the patio again!

Reviewed August 9, 2018

I had a fantastic meal at the Burleigh. The chef was outstanding in every area. We had delicious bread and olive to start and the roasted Brussels Sprouts done up in a Caesar dressing with Parmesan! Wow, delicious! My wife had the amazing short ribs with polenta. An incredible dish with a gorgeous presentation. I had the bone in pork chop which again was ridiculously good. The sauce was incredible as was the presentation over boy chop. Naturally the dessert we picked was also outstanding. This was the best meal I've had in a while. Truly a great chef well worth visiting.

Dear PeterF,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us how much you enjoyed dining with us. The brussels sprouts are definitely the most popular item we have on our menu and I am happy to know they wowed you :) We hope to see you in the near future!