Cape Arundel Inn & Resort
Kennebunkport Inn(Kennebunkport)(Great Value!)
$227
$119
Groupon.com
Lodge at Turbat's Creek(Kennebunkport)(Great Value!)
$124
$69
Groupon.com
The Tides Beach Club(Kennebunkport)
$274
Rhumb Line Resort(Kennebunkport)
$129
Colony Hotel(Kennebunkport)(Great Value!)
$179
Hotels.com
Nonantum Resort(Kennebunkport)(Great Value!)
$201
The Grand Hotel(Kennebunk)(Great Value!)
$123
King's Port Inn(Kennebunk)(Great Value!)
$174
$139
$79
$340
All reviewsfront porchocean restaurantwalker pointoverlooking the oceanmy husband and iprivate balconyglass of champagneresort collectionsummer homethe main housegas fireplaceeach morningsouthern mainedelicious breakfasta wonderful place to staycan't wait to go backyogurt
Reviewed May 12, 2008

Let me start off by saying that I am not the type of person who would post a negative comment about a place, but this place made me want to do this.

This past November my husband and I wanted to celebrate our six year anniversary by getting away. We picked Cape Arundel inn. The pictures seemed beautiful. My husband had booked a room in the main house. I asked him if our room had a fireplace, he said no, but it had an amazing view of the ocean. He wanted to make me happy so he called the inn and asked if they had any ocean view rooms with a fireplace. They said that they had a suite with partial ocean view and a fireplace. They reasurred my husband that the room was amazing. When we got there we were so excited it all seemed so beautiful. We checked in and they gave us a key and told us our room is around back. We went and parked and started looking for our room number. We did notice a separate green house in the parking lot. When we went closer we saw that it was the laundry room. Jokingly we said "imagine if our room was on top of the very loud laundry room. My husband said "no thats probably where the staff stays. We went back to the front and to our surprise that was our room.

We didnt argue. We thought how bad could it be? When we got inside the room wasnt bad. It was clean, there was a 19 80's tiny t.v. and yes the fireplace. We thought we would nap before our reservation at the White barn inn. 2 minutes into our nap we heard the loudest banging from the laundry room. That lasted pretty much from morning till 8 pm. But since the restaurants trash dumpster was behind our room we could hear restaurant staff banging the trash dumpster. I finally went outside to say if they could keep it down, but I was shocked to see someone urinating by the dumpster. That night we went to say something to the reception. We asked why we were not told where our room was, and how loud that area was. I dont know her name but a woman with not so great skin, completely ignored us. We were even trying to be nice about it. All we wanted was a "im sorry" nothing else. The next day we had breakfast. It was nice. the views from dining room were breathtaking. Our last morning we were awaken at 7:am by loud banging ,swearing ,and someone walking right over our roof. I looked out the window and saw feet dangling, They were having the roofed replaced. We could not believe it. We paid 300 a night to see that? We went and had breakfast again and their was another woman at the desk. She asked us how our stay was and we told her. She was very nice. And apologetic. Said someone would call us. No one ever did. We were not looking for our money back. We just wanted an apology. Except for the one receptionist everyone else was nice. Views are amazing but I would never go back, just because of the way we were treated. If you do go do not stay in the green house. Trust me!

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
7  Thank aeg1117
Reviewed March 4, 2008

I stayed in the Carriage House suite last spring at the Cape Arundel. We had a wonderful experience and would definitely go back. I scoped out all of the places to stay in town, and I do think that this inn is the absolute best location, with amazing views of the ocean. It is so peaceful and relaxing to sit on the front porch at any time of the day. The sea is literally right in front of you. Most of the other places to stay are in town and do not offer an ocean view - which was important to me.

The rooms were very nice and well appointed, including the bathrooms! I am very particular and was impressed by all the details - a fireplace, nice toiletries, hardwoods in the bathroom, a large vanity and sitting area. If I had to go again, I would stay in the Rockbound, b/c the rooms are large with incredible views. The Carriage House was lovely but it is over the laundry room and you sort of feel like the "redheaded stepchild" back there -- but still, it is lovely and very private.

Breakfasts were delicious...we ate dinner at Mabel's Lobster Claw, which is highly recommended!! You also must take a walk done Ocean Drive---so beautiful!

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Madi1
Reviewed February 20, 2008

This is an ok inn. Beautiful views, but that is about it. Would not go back.

Staff has no personality and did not go out of their way to welcome you. It seems as though they are trying too hard to make the inn more "elite" than what it really is.

Had absolutely no warm water the first morning and had to shower in ice cold water. It seemed as though the housekeeping staff could not have cared less after we brought it to their attention. They never once came to our room to see if it was working again after they said they would fix it. I had to keep going to them.

No T.V. in the room which is fine, but they offered no other entertainment (i.e. radio, board games, etc.)

For the price of this Inn, we expected more a lot more...Would much rather have stayed at the Colony Inn which is right down the street.

• Stayed: February 2008
3  Thank jessiandgreg
Reviewed December 30, 2007

We stayed at the Cape Arundel Inn a few days after Christmas and had a short but wonderful overnight stay. I'm glad I read these reviews because it was as stated and more. There's nothing like a room by the ocean to rejuvenate and relax. We stayed in Rockbound Room 26 (great end room) and loved the gas fireplace (one glitch with it going off but it was fine after that). Although a redecorated 50s hotel annex, it sure looked like an inn inside. Lovely decorating - like an upscale Kennebunkport beach cottage with beadboard and classic English style furniture. The dinner was wonderful and the "expanded" continental included a good variety of serve yourself juices, breads, lovely fresh fruit salad, muffins, scones and a hot entree (we had baked eggs with chives and parmesan). We were mesmerized by the views of the sea and nice walkway along the ocean. Their midweek specials look very affordable (we went on the weekend). I would go back in a hearbeat!

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Jasperini
Reviewed December 4, 2007

I stayed at the Cape Arundel Inn and had a great experience similar to the other reviewers. I was very impressed with the rooms and the attention to detail. The views rival ANYTHING that I have seen along either the east or west coast and that is NOT an exaggeration! We stayed for 5 nights and ate at the restaurant 3 of those nights - the food was amazing, great selections on the dinner menu as well as wonderful specials made it easy to forget there are other restaurants in the area.
I was surprised how much we enjoyed our stay despite it being 'off season' - we can't wait to go back this spring/summer.
Many thanks to all the staff who made it so special!

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank LoveTheLuxeLife