The first time my husband and I had reservations at the Cape Arundel Inn was about 20 years ago. For the last ten years we have been going twice a year. Before going this past week-end, we came upon some negative comments. Here are my comments. The new owners have been redecorating. The rooms are freshly painted, new carpets, new bedding and thicker towels. Breakfast - 2 tables. One with juices and water and the other with yogurt, cut fruit,muffins, granola, croissants,scones, jams and butter. There is one different hot item each morning which is served. If you do not want what they have, they will make you omelets, scrambled, poached. Coffee and tea are also served. Dinner - They have a new chef and new menu. We had dinner two of our three nights and must say they were excellent. The panoramic view of the ocean from the front porch is better than any other Inn we've been to. The staff was very friendly and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guests choose from two distinctive locales to book their stay: The landmark Cape Arundel Inn’s Main House on Kennebunkport’s exclusive Ocean Avenue or the nearby Club House, a vintage manor tucked within 15 wooded acres. Guests staying in the Main House building’s guest rooms enjoy breathtaking ocean views, onsite restaurant, Ocean, and a spacious lawn area – replete with Adirondack chairs in which to sit and soak in the fresh sea air. At the Club House, a short drive away, guests can enjoy the clubhouse featuring vintage pool table, full bar, light lunch, library and spacious patio surrounding the heated lap pool. Resort highlights include a full a la carte breakfast at Ocean restaurant, spacious, tranquil grounds at the Club House and elegantly appointed guest rooms throughout. While the time away on your chaise lounge at the Club House, soaking up the summer sun’s rays, then enjoy a stroll to Cape Arundel Inn for an afternoon porch cocktail as you drink in breathtaking ocean views. In the evening, savor a wonderful dining experience at Ocean, prepared by Chef Pierre Gignac. Ocean offers fine cuisine inspired by southern French and Mediterranean flavors, beautifully presented and enhanced by the outstanding wine list. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Cape Arundel Inn & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cape Arundel Hotel Kennebunkport
- Cape Arundel Inn & Resort Kennebunkport, Maine