we are from IL and ME was always on my list. we picked room 25 for a reason and so glad we did. the view is amazing and its my new wallpaper for my phone. yes, the window A/C units are noisy--i am not sure they have much alternative. the bathroom was redone and was very nicely done. nice large flat screen and was able to watch my BEARS on monday night.
the dining room is beaufiful. staff was friendly and professional. apologies to Patrick because i had driven thru wells (i think) and the worst torn up road in the world and was a little gruff when we arrived--sorry bud. however, i expected a little more at breakfast. the ratio is one breakfast meat per egg lol. baked goods were good; scones, muffins etc. also had cereal and yogurt/granola. the hot items were well prepared but maybe could have been a little more plentiful. we did not have dinner in the restaurant. i saw what i thought was the dinner menu in the room and didnt get excited.
you are there more for seeing the area but this Inn is in the right location. views are beautiful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guests choose from two distinctive locales to book their stay; Cape Arundel Inn, located on exclusive Ocean Ave or Old Fort Estate, tucked away in a tranquil, wooded setting on Old Fort Ave. Guests staying in the Cape Arundel Inn building’s guest rooms enjoy breathtaking ocean views, onsite restaurant, Ocean, and a spacious lawn area – replete with Adirondack chairs in which to sit and soak in the fresh sea air. At the Old Fort Estate, a short drive away, guests can enjoy the Club House featuring vintage pool table, full bar, light lunch, library and spacious patio surrounding the heated lap pool. Resort highlights include a full a la carte breakfast at Ocean restaurant, spacious, tranquil grounds at Old Fort Estate and elegantly appointed guest rooms throughout. While the time away on your chaise lounge at Old Fort Estate, soaking up the summer sun’s rays, then enjoy a stroll to Cape Arundel Inn for an afternoon porch cocktail as you drink in breathtaking ocean views. In the evening, savor a wonderful dining experience at Ocean, prepared by Chef Pierre Gignac. Ocean offers fine cuisine inspired by southern French and Mediterranean flavors, beautifully presented and enhanced by the outstanding wine list. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz so you can book your Cape Arundel Inn & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cape Arundel Hotel Kennebunkport
- Cape Arundel Inn & Resort Kennebunkport, Maine