We have stayed at the Capre Arundel Inn for years, always aniticipating and having a wonderful experience. But this last time was different. I've waited some weeks since my visit to comment, to allow time to give perspective, but my thoughts remain the same. The room we stayed in, which we've had before, was done over, Workmenship was very high, but it is now stark, cold, absolutely nothing on the walls. Gone is the warm feeling. I'd change back to the blinds that did not work too well for some character. We did not like being in the room at all. The breakfast was also something I always looked forward to - nice buffet, high quality, and a 'hot' item choice. This time, the buffet table was lacking in both chocie and quantity - it looked lke they were trying to save. Also with the prepared item - smaller in quantity and lacking the higher end quality. The first day I thought I had just hiot it wrong, but it was the same for the next day, so I skipped the 3rd day and ate elsewhere. For over $400 per night, the breakfast could have stayed the same. People were great, reception outstanding. But I'm all done.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guests choose from two distinctive locales to book their stay; Cape Arundel Inn, located on exclusive Ocean Ave or Old Fort Estate, tucked away in a tranquil, wooded setting on Old Fort Ave. Guests staying in the Cape Arundel Inn building’s guest rooms enjoy breathtaking ocean views, onsite restaurant, Ocean, and a spacious lawn area – replete with Adirondack chairs in which to sit and soak in the fresh sea air. At the Old Fort Estate, a short drive away, guests can enjoy the Club House featuring vintage pool table, full bar, light lunch, library and spacious patio surrounding the heated lap pool. Resort highlights include a full a la carte breakfast at Ocean restaurant, spacious, tranquil grounds at Old Fort Estate and elegantly appointed guest rooms throughout. While the time away on your chaise lounge at Old Fort Estate, soaking up the summer sun’s rays, then enjoy a stroll to Cape Arundel Inn for an afternoon porch cocktail as you drink in breathtaking ocean views. In the evening, savor a wonderful dining experience at Ocean, prepared by Chef Pierre Gignac. Ocean offers fine cuisine inspired by southern French and Mediterranean flavors, beautifully presented and enhanced by the outstanding wine list. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Cape Arundel Inn & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cape Arundel Hotel Kennebunkport
- Cape Arundel Inn & Resort Kennebunkport, Maine