I have dined at the inn countless times over the past 30 years. I am a faithful customer through several changes in ownership/management. On a recent visit I was disappointed as were the other members of my group. The garlic whipped potatoes had been eliminated from the menu. It may seem like a minor point but it is NOT, they were the best. Please bring back the garlic whipped potatoes. The crispy potato cake offered instead was a big disappointment. I left 99% of it on the plate..
Also, ita was nice to offer the chocolate lava cake, but the "mocha creme anglaise was very poor. I prefer a creme anglaise, but a standard whipped cream would be better than such a sub standard creme anglaise.
As always the service was excellent, the ambience lovely and the rest of the food great. I have a summer home in the area and I I always recommend this inn as the best dining experience and I don't want to stop.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guests choose from two distinctive locales to book their stay; Cape Arundel Inn, located on exclusive Ocean Ave or Old Fort Estate, tucked away in a tranquil, wooded setting on Old Fort Ave. Guests staying in the Cape Arundel Inn building’s guest rooms enjoy breathtaking ocean views, onsite restaurant, Ocean, and a spacious lawn area – replete with Adirondack chairs in which to sit and soak in the fresh sea air. At the Old Fort Estate, a short drive away, guests can enjoy the Club House featuring vintage pool table, full bar, light lunch, library and spacious patio surrounding the heated lap pool. Resort highlights include a full a la carte breakfast at Ocean restaurant, spacious, tranquil grounds at Old Fort Estate and elegantly appointed guest rooms throughout. While the time away on your chaise lounge at Old Fort Estate, soaking up the summer sun’s rays, then enjoy a stroll to Cape Arundel Inn for an afternoon porch cocktail as you drink in breathtaking ocean views. In the evening, savor a wonderful dining experience at Ocean, prepared by Chef Pierre Gignac. Ocean offers fine cuisine inspired by southern French and Mediterranean flavors, beautifully presented and enhanced by the outstanding wine list. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Cape Arundel Inn & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cape Arundel Hotel Kennebunkport
- Cape Arundel Inn & Resort Kennebunkport, Maine