“Within one hour, we already wanted to plan our next visit!”
Review of Hidden Pond

and 1 more site!
Hidden Pond
Ranked #6 of 25 Kennebunkport B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 11, 2009

Hidden Pond surpassed our expectations. The staff and cottages were so welcoming. We enjoyed every aspect of the property from the bikes, workout facility and pool to the firepit. Our childern thoroughly enjoyed themselves. I highly recommend it as a relaxing family getaway. The extra touches Hidden Pond provides are the icing on the cake. We cannot wait to make a return trip.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank KALFranklin_MA

Reviewed May 8, 2009

My husband and I found this hidden gem of a resort (thanks to Travel and Leisure Magazine) in Kennebunkport and couldn't have been happier with our stay. The cottages are beautiful and provide all the amenities. The landscaping and level of detail around the resort is prestine. The common area with sand, pool, fire pit, etc... was a nice place to relax outside of the cottage. And while the place is secluded it is still close to the downtown area if you'd like to go out to dinner or shopping. Stay and Hidden Pond and you won't regret it.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dishkate
Reviewed May 8, 2009

Tucked away in beautiful Kennebunkport is this hidden treasure that is more than just a place to stay. I found myself saying numerous times over the course of our romantic weekend that I wish that we could live at Hidden Pond!
The compound is a set of meticulously and luxuriously decorated "cottages." Unlike any cottage I have ever stayed at, these cottages feature multiple bed and bathrooms, two stories, a full kitchen, and ample living space. Every detail in the cottage is impeccable. Our cottage included stainless steel appliances, a fireplace (that was perfect for the cooler nights), a farmers porch and the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. From the linens, to the decor, to the board games and flat screen television, no detail was spared.
We woke up to an adorable tote with fresh coffee and orange juice and the most delicious baguette and scones I have ever tasted. I was able to enjoy my coffee and breakfast (and newspaper, also provided) on the farmers porch over looking the beautiful Hidden Ponds community. The setup is perfect of the compound, as each cottage has its own privacy and tranquility, but it is part of the larger circular compound that provides a community sense, making it so you never even have to leave the development!
The service at Hidden Ponds was incredible. The staff greeted us by name and were extremely attentive. They provided more "extras" than I think I have received on every other vacation I have been on combined! The cottages were cleaned daily and each day they looked cleaner and neater than the one before.
We had perfect weather the weekend we were there and were able to take advantage of the screened in porch for lunch and the perfectly landscaped lawn for some horseshoes. At night we enjoyed the bonfire centrally located on the compound.
The amenities at Hidden Pond are too numerable to mention. The pool and surrounding lounge chairs are like something you would only see in L.A. They were meticulously maintained.
The grounds provided ample parking and were only a short drive to downtown Kennebunkport--a charming town with wonderful shopping and restaurants. The beach is also close by, but there was so much to do on the grounds that we only drove down to the beach briefly.
I would strongly recommend Hidden Ponds to even the most discriminating guest. They will find nothing but perfection with this cozy, romantic choice!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravelGuruCapeCod_MA
Reviewed February 7, 2009

Hidden Pond--what a wonderful treat! The weekend that we spent there went far too quickly! Our cottage, Andrea's Gate, was beautiful and impeccably designed. Since that time I think with great longing of the time spent relaxing on the comforable screened porch. Set in the woods, in harmony with nature, Hidden Pond is secluded yet so close to everything in the wonderful Kennebunkport area. The main lodge, "the farm" and the staff all combined to make a wonderful weekend. We can't wait to go back.
Hal & Cathy Ruff, Moorestown, NJ

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank nature66
Reviewed November 15, 2008

We stayed here to celebrate our 5th anniversary and adored this place. The cottages are extremely well-decorated yet comfortable - if you're into design there's something for every taste here.

Service was excellent - the staff provided great recommendations on where to go, shop, and eat in Kennebunk.

We loved the location and proximity to the beach - we took beach cruisers out one morning and biked down to the beach (about a mile). We also took a walk on the woodsy path they built around the development.

Breakfast each morning was excellent -- we enjoyed lounging on our porch, drinking coffee and reading the copy of the Times they brought us.

I would absolutely return here again.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ko13
Reviewed October 27, 2008

Nestled in the Maine woods of Kennebunkport, Hidden Pond provides a wonderful destination getaway for anyone wanting to experience the magic of a Maine cabin and the luxury of a five star resort.

Each cabin is individually and exquisitely decorated by some of Maine's top decorators. A Maine theme permeated the cabin from the rustic cabinets to the antique and antique reproductions and memorabilia that decorated the walls and furniture.

I entered the cabin through a screened in porch comfortably furnished with a table and chairs, a couch and a swinging bench; the perfect environment for taking your meals outside. I entered my cabin into a large open room. A furnished kitchen with a dining table and chairs was at the right end of the room. A Bose sound system provided crystal clear music. The dining room table easily accommodated six people.

The open living space offered comfortable furniture facing a gas fireplace that turned on with the flick of a switch. There was a flat screened TV to provide entertainment in the evening or in inclement weather.

The cabins have two bedrooms. Mine had a king size bed and the other had twin beds. My bed was amazingly comfortable. I left my windows open at night to enjoy a cool room and the clean Maine air. I think my comforter would have kept me warm at 200 below.

My bathroom opened to a private outdoor shower. It was a bit cool in October to take advantage of it but it gave me an opportunity to open the door and enjoy a breeze through my bedroom.

Every morning a delicious basket of muffins, croissants, or scones arrived with fresh juice and coffee.

The main lodge has a large open space with a huge chandelier, and a large fireplace. What I loved best was the fabulous screened in porch with fireplace that was overlooking the pool and lawns with beautiful plantings. The main room calls invitingly for you to enjoy a game by the fireside or coffee in the mornings. Wine and cheese are offered every day at 4:00.

I visited Hidden Pond in October to see the autumn display and I wasn’t disappointed. The trees were adorned with red, green, gold, copper, bronze and burgundy leaves. The air was permeated with autumn. The grounds of Hidden Pond are beautifully landscaped and complement the natural setting of the resort.

All of that and an exercise cabin, personal trainer or Yoga instruction, painting lessons, and a garden you can pick your own fresh produce and flowers from.
I had a rare and wonderful experience at Hidden Pond and already made my reservation for next summer.

Stayed: October 2008
2  Thank Flightfromreality
Reviewed September 10, 2008

Great place to stay with your family...cottages are luxurious and unique. When we arrived to our cottage, there was a nice bottle of wine, cheese and crackers waiting for us.Our cottage had two bedrooms (with Frette sheets!!!oo la la!), two full baths, one 1/2 bath, outdoor shower (totally cute), kitchen with all the amenities, cozy living and dining room with gas fireplace and beautiful porch for reading. The staff made us feel totally at home and delivered hot croissants (not sure how they knew what time we wake up..), coffee, fresh squeezed Ok and the NY times to our door every morning. Awesome touch. We picked fresh blueberries off the bushes in front of the cottage too. Treated ourselves to massages at the 'massage tent/spa' in the woods - it was really great to ear the birds and wind while having our treatments. Heated pool, friendly staff, posh acommodations..we'll definitely stay here again.Clsoe to Kennebunkport too.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Newenglandscout
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kennebunkport
The Tides Beach Club
#1 of 6 in Kennebunkport
Inn by the Sea
Inn by the Sea
#1 of 1 in Cape Elizabeth

Been to Hidden Pond? Share your experiences!