My wife and I initially discovered Hidden Pond last summer during a four night stay with our three young kids. We stayed in a two-bedroom cottage (Sweet Fern) that had a full kitchen and 3 full bathrooms (outdoor shower included). It was more than enough space to spread out and relax. We'd never been to Maine before and we fell in love with all Hidden Pond had to offer, including a sandy white beach (in front of their sister hotel just down the road). The kids particularly enjoyed s'mores by the fire each night. I was partial to reading the hand-delivered New York Times each morning on the screened in porch.
It was then that we realized Hidden Pond would be the ideal setting to celebrate her 40th birthday (no kids this time).
For the past 9 months, we’ve been in regular contact with Justin and Danielle while planning the big event (24 of our friends and family).
They each made the process of planning our stay easy, organized, and fun, with great suggestions along the way about what’s worked in the past for other guests. Their professionalism was extraordinary.
Our expectations were high, and I’m pleased (and shocked) to say that they were also shattered.
I can’t say enough about the wonderful settings (throughout Hidden Pond and The Tides) that ownership has created, not to mention the fact that the staff is so kind and attentive to every last detail.
We hosted a dinner at the Tides (sister hotel) on Thursday, an outdoor dinner at The Farm on Friday, and dinner at Earth on Saturday (durning the summer solstice)….each one leaving lasting memories (the weather cooperated too).
You can be sure that we’ll be back. Our friends are already clamoring to make visiting Hidden Pond an annual tradition.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden Pond is a private retreat for those seeking high-end accommodations and personalized services in a relaxed and natural setting. The (16) two-bedroom cottages and (20) one bedroom bungalows, feature Frette linens, fireplaces, flat screen TVs and Bose sound systems with iPod docks, state-of-the-art kitchens in the larger cottages while the bungalows feature a wetbar, landscaped outdoor showers and decadent screened porches allowing inside living to virtually extend out amongst the forest. Earth at Hidden Pond is an al fresco restaurant focusing on farm-to-fork freshness. Heirloom vegetables and herbs are picked daily from the surrounding gardens, and thoughtfully incorporated into both food and beverage menu offerings. Another added amenity is the new Tree Spa, featuring three spa treatment rooms nestled in the trees. The Tree Spa is available to guests only and their services will further ensure your visit is nothing but blissful. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your Hidden Pond reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hidden Pond Hotel Kennebunkport
- Hidden Pond Kennebunkport, Maine