This collection of adorable Maine cottages is the perfect combination of privacy and gracious, discreet service. We stayed here two fabulous weeks with two young children. It was the ideal escape for a family seeking all the best of simple Maine pleasures.
We had a delightful cottage, complete with a cheese plate and wine waiting for us upon arrival. It was beautifully decorated with all the amenities, a full kitchen, washer/dryer, two bedrooms with ensuite baths, a charming outdoor shower, and (my favorite!) a beautiful screened-in porch for outdoor dining. Other special touches: an IPod player, flat screen TV with DVD player and specially selected reading material for my husband and me and our children.
Every morning we were greeted by a canvas goody bag with fresh from the oven sconces, blueberry muffins or biscuits, a fresh coffee thermos, orange juice, fruit preserves and the morning paper. It put me in such a good mood to hear the screen door open each morning, knowing our treats were delivered.
The amenities don't stop there. There are charming bicycles for both children and adults provided for the guest's use; yoga, personal trainers and watercolor classes available throughout the week; and a temporary spa tent for spa services. I had a massage and it was soothing having the fresh air from the gardens circulate throughout the tent.
A vibrant flower and vegetable garden greets you as you enter the property. Naturally, it is there for the guests' enjoyment. Can you imagine we picked fresh blueberries, tomatoes, cucumbers and lettuce during our stay? I felt so indulged!
The grounds are impeccably designed and lovingly maintained. I took a yoga class one morning on the lush lawn next to the garden and felt completely relaxed. The pool has an adjacent lawn for croquet, bocci and a bonfire that they light each evening for smores.
The staff makes sure there are always little treats in the reception area, morning quiche, fruits throughout the day and wine and cheese in the evening. It makes you feel so welcome.
We mentioned to a staff member that we planned to celebrate our anniversary at the White Barn Inn the last night of our stay and they helped us locate a terrific babysitter. The afternoon before we went out, we came back from the beach and found a bottle of very nice champagne in our refrigerator and a kind note. I was floored.
They went above and beyond on all dimensions. I can't wait to return. I am excited to see all the future plans unfold: the on-site restaurant (with my favorite famous Boston chef), full-service spa and expanded grounds. It was one of our most enjoyable and relaxing family vacations, I highly recommend Hidden Pond.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden Pond is a private retreat for those seeking high-end accommodations and personalized services in a relaxed and natural setting. The (16) two-bedroom cottages and (20) one bedroom bungalows, feature Frette linens, fireplaces, flat screen TVs and Bose sound systems with iPod docks, state-of-the-art kitchens in the larger cottages while the bungalows feature a wetbar, landscaped outdoor showers and decadent screened porches allowing inside living to virtually extend out amongst the forest. Earth at Hidden Pond is an al fresco restaurant focusing on farm-to-fork freshness. Heirloom vegetables and herbs are picked daily from the surrounding gardens, and thoughtfully incorporated into both food and beverage menu offerings. Another added amenity is the new Tree Spa, featuring three spa treatment rooms nestled in the trees. The Tree Spa is available to guests only and their services will further ensure your visit is nothing but blissful. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your Hidden Pond reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hidden Pond Hotel Kennebunkport
- Hidden Pond Kennebunkport, Maine