Hidden Pond
Kennebunkport Inn(Kennebunkport)(Great Value!)
$227
$119
Groupon.com
Lodge at Turbat's Creek(Kennebunkport)(Great Value!)
$124
$69
Groupon.com
Rhumb Line Resort(Kennebunkport)
$129
Nonantum Resort(Kennebunkport)(Great Value!)
$201
Hotels.com
The Tides Beach Club(Kennebunkport)
$296
Colony Hotel(Kennebunkport)(Great Value!)
$179
Travelocity
The Grand Hotel(Kennebunk)(Great Value!)
$123
King's Port Inn(Kennebunk)(Great Value!)
$174
$139
$79
$340
All reviewsoutdoor showerscreened in porchearth restaurantsister propertybreakfast baskettides beach clubeach morningthe cottagesgoose rocks beachbedroom cottagenightly bonfirethe main lodgemy husband and ihot coffeenew york timesfarm to table restaurantsummer camp
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I could write a million reasons why I love this place, but I will keep it short and just say that after my third year (with trips in between,) this place is by far my favorite place on earth. Worth every minute.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank DCJD2012
GeneralManagerHP, General Manager at Hidden Pond, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

Dear DCJD2012:

We'd be interested to hear all million reasons! All kidding aside, we sincerely appreciate the continued support and admiration that you and your family have shown Hidden Pond (and the entire Kennebunkport Resort Collection) over the years. I'm glad to know that your experiences in Maine have been some of the fondest you've encountered while on vacation -- we thoroughly enjoy being a part of that experience.

Looking forward to many more Maine memories for summers to come!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

When my daughter told me she had found this beautiful place in Kennebunkport, I never expected to have the most perfect stay.
The place was homie, the lodging in beautifully decorated country cottages. Ours was a 2 bedroom cottage, with great beds and pillows, washer and dryer, fully equiped kitchen and freshly cut flowers to greet you at your arrival.
Their restaurant "Earth" is to die for.
I know my daughter is very finikee and selective, but this hotel was my cup of tea.

Room Tip: All rooms are great, but if you are a couple with no kids....they have a special adult area.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank etovardeg

Dear etovardeg:

Thank you for your glowing review -- your kind words are much appreciated and will be shared with all. We aim to offer comfortable, yet luxurious accommodations and have done our best to offer as many creature comforts that you would want while on vacation. Earth follows suit and works endlessly to deliver a culinary experience unlike others.

We're so proud to be your "cup of tea" and hope to welcome you back in the future for more peace and quality! Thank you again for acknowledging our efforts and hard work.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Five star resort in the woods! Underrated excellence. My spouse and I stayed for just a few days, and even though it rained half the time, the three season porch, fire place, and breakfast delivered to your door daily made this the ideal location. If you like to sit and read by the pool, find great restaurants and eat and enjoy a romantic second honeymoon in the woods, look no further. The cabins for couples are very spacious and gorgeous, the website does not do them justice. Outdoor showers, beautiful bathrooms, a living room, wonderfully private and very much an outdoor play ground.

The bike rentals(free) are throw backs to another era, yet made for everyone. Take a ride to "Tides", their sister property (i have stayed there as well, quite good) and enjoy the seaside views.

Hidden Pond Has a supper van that takes you into Downtown Kennebunkport where there are many dining options. Foodies, eat at Earth on site, they are quite good, like Boston cuisine in the woods!

The pool side is so sheik, it's almost too cool for the majority of people that attend. The bar has their own selection of drinks- just go with it, they do a great job. Stick around for the s'mores at night.

This place is my favorite in Maine.

Room Tip: We stayed further out in the high thirties and forties range and loved it, but it is a further walk from the pool, lodge, and bikes.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Dylan J:

It is relieving to hear that the rain couldn't put a damper on your vacation in Maine!

The beach cruisers are definitely a throw back and they're certainly the best mode of transportation to the Tides and Goose Rocks Beach. Who knew you could pedal a mile and a half and see the woods, marsh and crashing waves all the while! I'm also glad you liked the pool and drinks -- one of the best ways to spend an afternoon at Hidden Pond. Summer at it's best.

We're proud to be your favorite Maine spot and we look forward to welcoming you back for multiple visits to Hidden Pond. Please feel free to reach out to me if I can be of any assistance in the future in trip planning or anything related!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Hidden pond is a gem. The rooms are great and the food is outstanding. The service is first rate and the wine list is wonderful. I stayed in the cottages and it was great. The outside shower was a real treat!.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ujayish

Dear Ujayish:

Thank you for considering us a "gem", particularly in a town with so many great options for accommodations. We agree that our rooms and food offering offer a one-two punch and offer our guests an entirely unique and memorable experience. We look forward to welcoming you back to enjoy all of the amenities that you loved this time around. I hope that you are having a great summer in RI!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Our family absolutely loves the cottages of Hidden Pond. My wife and I along with our three kids stayed here for 8 nights over the week of July 4th. We also stayed here the same week last year. We really enjoyed getting to see all our old friends at the resort. Everyone here is very friendly and especially nice to our children. We had a great stay and got to spend some great family time together. With that being said, there were several issues with service that we did not experience last year. The biggest issue we had this year was the housekeeping service. We joked last year that our cottage had to be under surveillance as we never saw housekeeping during our entire stay. We would leave for an hour or two in the morning and come back to a spotless cottage. This year was completely different however. We would leave every morning at 8:30 - 9:00 AM and get back for lunch at 12:30 - 1:00 PM to feed the kids lunch and get ready to put our 2 year old down for a nap. Our cottage was not cleaned any day prior to us returning. I had to call and inform them our little one had to take a nap and could they come over and clean our cottage. Thus, everyday we spent eating lunch on the patio and trying to stay out of the way of the housekeepers. I even called the last day in the morning speaking to Anna and letting her know we were going out for the morning. I asked her if housekeeping could come while we were gone and we still came back to an unclean cottage. This was a major inconvenience to our family. I would think the cottages with small children would be cleaned first as small children frequently nap in the afternoon.
We also notified the front desk on our check in that our ice maker was not working. It was not fixed the entire length of our 8 day stay. We had to call 1-2 times per day to get ice brought over to fill up the ice maker bucket. I was surprised this was not taken care of. At the very least I would think this would be filled without asking everyday.
We were also disappointed the grill closed at 5 PM this year. It was great last year to be able to feed the kids prior to the babysitter coming for parents night at Earth.

Speaking of Earth, the restaurant and service was truly amazing. We had dinner 4 nights at Earth and every single night was fantastic. Matt was great again and took care of us each night. I truly think our evenings at Earth were the highlight of our trip. Make your reservations far in advance as it is well worth it.
The activities with Marcio were also wonderful. The kids loved the nature hike. He is such a nice and outgoing person and makes everything so fun for all involved.
Overall our vacation at Hidden Pond was a great experience again. I was just a little disappointed with some of the service issues this year. I was told by several staff members that they were short staffed because of the Holiday week and people taking time off. I hope this is true because last year was absolutely perfect in every way. I know Justin and his team will continue to do everything they can to make Hidden Pond a special place to visit.
Finally, I wanted to personally thank Kristen. My wife sprained her ankle on the last day of our stay, and it was very thoughtful of her to call and check on my wife after we arrived home.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear RonaldB12_12:

Thank you for your continued support of Hidden Pond the past two years. We pride ourselves on repeat business, so I want you to know how much we appreciate your patronage. Also, please know that your feedback from this review has prompted change that will enhance your vacation experience upon your future visits. I apologize that the shortcomings mentioned in your review happened in the first place, and furthermore, went unresolved after you voiced your displeasure to our staff. I can only imagine the importance of planning your day around nap times and I am sincerely sorry that our coordination efforts were unsuccessful (or nonexistent). It seems as though we failed to meet you in the middle with the same sense of urgency that you had and this is unacceptable. Next year, myself or Kristen would love to be your point person for planning housekeeping timing in advance so that we may keep a watchful eye and better manage the orchestration. Your frustration about the ice filling is completely valid and something that should have been better handled. Due to vendor delays, the ice maker couldn't be swapped out while you were with us -- I should have more properly communicated this to you when I saw you around properly. Also, the whole team should have anticipated your ice needs as it was a well-documented maintenance item.

Your comments on the operating hours of the grille are well received and will certainly be incorporated as we best develop a means for alternative dining options at the resort. Last year was the first year we had pushed the hours later, but we found that they were not well-received and failed to pick up traction with our guests. I hope that we can offer a better early-evening option to feed the kids before a parent's night out, as it is important to fill both needs.

I am glad that Marcio and Earth proved to be two highlights of your stay -- as we believe that diverse activities and an exceptional restaurant are two cornerstones of Hidden Pond. Matt has since read your review and appreciates the personal "shout out". He is a true professional and exceptionally skilled at his job. Thank you for acknowledging him.

As you mentioned, we are committed to reworking and tweaking our service offerings and amenities to best suit our guests needs and desires. I personally want Hidden Pond to be a place that you and your family can call a "home away from home" and I hope that we continue to be a vacation destination that is comfortable, welcoming and attentive to your needs. Please rest assured that your comments are not for naught and we will see to it that your future experiences are exemplary of the 5-star service that we aim to deliver and you came to love in 2012. I would love to be a part of your reservation process for 2014, so please feel free to contact me directly at 207-967-6504 or justin@hiddenpondmaine.com when the time comes.

Wishing you all an enjoyable and fun final few weeks of summer!