Five star resort in the woods! Underrated excellence. My spouse and I stayed for just a few days, and even though it rained half the time, the three season porch, fire place, and breakfast delivered to your door daily made this the ideal location. If you like to sit and read by the pool, find great restaurants and eat and enjoy a romantic second honeymoon in the woods, look no further. The cabins for couples are very spacious and gorgeous, the website does not do them justice. Outdoor showers, beautiful bathrooms, a living room, wonderfully private and very much an outdoor play ground.
The bike rentals(free) are throw backs to another era, yet made for everyone. Take a ride to "Tides", their sister property (i have stayed there as well, quite good) and enjoy the seaside views.
Hidden Pond Has a supper van that takes you into Downtown Kennebunkport where there are many dining options. Foodies, eat at Earth on site, they are quite good, like Boston cuisine in the woods!
The pool side is so sheik, it's almost too cool for the majority of people that attend. The bar has their own selection of drinks- just go with it, they do a great job. Stick around for the s'mores at night.
This place is my favorite in Maine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden Pond is a private retreat for those seeking high-end accommodations and personalized services in a relaxed and natural setting. The (16) two-bedroom cottages and (20) one bedroom bungalows, feature Frette linens, fireplaces, flat screen TVs and Bose sound systems with iPod docks, state-of-the-art kitchens in the larger cottages while the bungalows feature a wetbar, landscaped outdoor showers and decadent screened porches allowing inside living to virtually extend out amongst the forest. Earth at Hidden Pond is an al fresco restaurant focusing on farm-to-fork freshness. Heirloom vegetables and herbs are picked daily from the surrounding gardens, and thoughtfully incorporated into both food and beverage menu offerings. Another added amenity is the new Tree Spa, featuring three spa treatment rooms nestled in the trees. The Tree Spa is available to guests only and their services will further ensure your visit is nothing but blissful. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire and Priceline so you can book your Hidden Pond reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hidden Pond Hotel Kennebunkport
- Hidden Pond Kennebunkport, Maine