“My new favorite resort in the US”
Review of Hidden Pond

Hidden Pond
Ranked #6 of 25 Kennebunkport B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I honestly can't say enough wonderful things about this hidden property in Maine. It's worth the trip to Maine just to stay, eat, drink, relax here. My husband and I stopped at Hidden Pond for a quick break between East Coast weddings, and we couldn't have picked a better spot. The bungalows were tastefully designed, included large bedrooms, bathrooms, sitting area and an outdoor shower (in addition to the indoor shower). We loved the nearby beach that you could ride a bike to, the restaurant was spectacular (we ate there twice) and the garden on the property was just lovely.
If I had to make any small complaints it would be that the service around the pool is a little slow. It seems like the poolside waiter also works in the restaurant and seemed a bit frazzled at times. But it's something so minor that it certainly didn't affect our trip.
Love, love, love Hidden Pond. I would recommend it for both couples and families.

Room Tip: We loved our "Wanderlust" bungalow. Great location near the restaurant, spa and adult pool...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerHP, General Manager at Hidden Pond, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

Dear SarahDallas22:

Thank you for such a flattering title -- we're proud to be on your hot list! It's great that you were able to experience the hotel and grounds during a bit of rest between your wedding commitments. Hidden Pond provides a nice home base to guests look to explore or unwind and relax.

I apologize that the service at the Serenity Pool was slow and disjointed -- this is not an acceptable way in which we wish to treat our guests. We aim to provide prompt and attentive service at the pool, so I am sorry that this was not your experience. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention so that we may work to improve our offering and service delivery for future guests and for when you return.

We anticipate your return and look forward to welcoming you back to Hidden Pond for future stays at your new favorite resort! Please do not hesitate to contact me directly when rebooking for assistance with reservations or local lore. My email is justin@hiddenpondmaine.com and telephone is 207-967-9050. I am always happy to assist.

Stay cool this summer!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

My fiancé and I stayed at Hidden Pond this past weekend and all I have to say is AMAZING! Everything from the room to the service was impeccable. We stayed in a one room bungalow and it was gorgeous. The amenities at Hidden Pond are fantastic and perfect for a weekend getaway or a family retreat. One of the best parts about staying at Hidden Pond was that after an afternoon stroll we can back to the room and there was chocolate covered strawberries and two bottles of champagne waiting for us. It was absolutely perfect and I cannot wait to go back. Great stay!

Dear Marissa D:

I am glad that you found both the accommodations and the welcoming service to be memorable parts of your stay. Not to mention, when you add chocolate strawberries and champagne...I don't think vacation can get any better!

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and kind words of praise -- we work hard to provide a comfortable and world-class environment from the finishes in the rooms to the staff that we hire and develop.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hidden Pond in the future and I would be more than happy to personally assist with any trip planning that you may need!

Wishing you an endless summer...

Reviewed June 29, 2013

If you can imagine an upscale summer camp setting with activities for your whole family while ensconced in a luxury cottage, then maybe you can imagine Hidden Pond! Nestled in 60 acres of the most gorgeous foliage New England has to offer, you enter into a winding road with babbling brooks, flower gardens, and small cabins. As you get further into the property, you begin to see charming cottages with front porches perched throughout the wooded property. The main lodge offers a reception area, fireplace area, screen in porch, the family pool, and a grill. If you chose to order lunch from the grill, be prepared to sit and watch them make everything for you from scratch! A gourmet lunch poolside...does it get any better? The pool area also offers wonderful cabanas in which to lounge, read, nap, etc. Upon entering your cabin, you will be amazed at the décor, both rustic and elegant. With a fireplace, screened in porch, and outdoor shower, not matter what the weather is, your cottage can accomdate you! Just like at summer camp, you wake up to breakfast except there's no mess hall here...it's delivered right to you door, quietly hung on a hook on your porch so as not to disturb you. Opening your breakfast basket is usually pretty exciting....each day brings different treats. There's always a savory, usually delicious petite quiches, a sweet, crumb cake, banana bread, or muffins, a bag of granola, a hot thermos of coffee, and the NY Times. Hidden Pond also provides fresh milk and orange juice daily, putting it directly into your refrigerator in glass bottles!! As far as activities, we rode bikes everyday, played badminton, went to the pool, played board games, picked flowers and vegetables from the garden and just spend time on the porch enjoying our surroundings. I'm pretty sure this is what a family vacation is supposed to be!! The attention to detail at Hidden Pond is what sets it apart. The staff is friendly, courteous, and helpful but never intrusive. We're already looking at dates for our next visit to Hidden Pond.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank lyleger
GeneralManagerHP, General Manager at Hidden Pond, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

Dear lyleger:

I love reading the recap from your stay, as it proves that you really had the opportunity to soak up everything that Hidden Pond and Kennebunkport have to offer. I am glad to hear that our resort seems to be the perfect vacation fit for you and your family. We try to focus on the details as much as we on the bigger scale items and it's always nice to know that these touches shine through to our guests.

Our focus is to provide meaningful experiences that are both novel, yet familiar -- the bike riding, board games, breakfast on the door hooks are all things that seem to have brought back fond memories for you. I am glad that you found our team to be ready to assist when needed, while also maintaining a comfortable service "distance: when appropriate. It's a balance that we find appropriate, and it's nice to know that you appreciated it.

We look forward to welcoming you back for many more porch hangouts and poolside lunches! Enjoy the rest of your summer and please do not hesitate to reach out to me if I can assist with future reservations or local information. I am readily available at 207-967-9050 or justin@hiddenpondmaine.com. Stay cool!

Reviewed June 29, 2013

My family has been going to Hidden Pond for several years now so it holds a special place in our hearts. Every summer we look forward to our experience here as a getaway from our busy NYC/Chicago lives.

We have witnessed first hand the growth and expansion that has taken place here. On our first visit, there was no Earth, Tree Spa, or dinner trolley. And now, here we are, hosting the most amazing wedding on the The Farm and The Event Barn.

Our wedding took place in early June 2013. This review has been the hardest to compose because we cannot convey how grateful and appreciative we are for all the help, coordination, and hard work from the entire Hidden Pond staff. There was simply so much to love. All our guests had the most wonderful time and could not stop talking about the amazing setting of Hidden Pond. It was incredible to get to share Hidden Pond with family and friends who had traveled far and wide to celebrate with us that weekend.

The ceremony and reception were arranged perfectly and the service was top-notch. While the entire staff was beyond expectation, Janice was our main point person/coordinator and did a truly exceptional job.

The food was superb - thank you Chef Justin, people are still talking about the delicious Down East Lobster Bake and several have even indicated that it was the best meal they have had in recent memory.

We couldn't have asked for a better venue then Hidden Pond, and a better staff to help host our wedding. We are so happy and in awe of a dream realized.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank PollySharer

Dear pollymoog:

It's great to see how your experiences at Hidden Pond have really come full circle – from countless family vacations to your wedding day! Our team was proud and pleased to be a part of the planning and execution of your special day. Chef Justin reads TripAdvisor regularly and he mentioned to me how glad he was to hear that your Downeast Lobster Bake has lingered in people's minds as a favorite meal. Although lobster and the accoutrements are great throughout most of Maine, I agree that Chef really knows how to knock it out of the park.

I am so grateful that you chose Hidden Pond as the destination for your wedding and we are thrilled to know that it was more than you could have imagined. We look forward to welcoming you back for many more vacations to come!

Best wishes to you both -- have a wonderful summer!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Peace and Tranquility await you as you enter the grounds of Hidden Pond. Our accomodations were beyond my expectations. Our "cabin" was very clean and comfortable. The screened in porch was delightful. Everything about Hidden Pond leads to rest and relaxation. This is camping at it's best!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerHP, General Manager at Hidden Pond, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Dear sap0824:

I am happy to hear that Hidden Pond provided you with "peace and tranquility" -- in today's busy world, it's something everyone deserves. I'm glad that you found the cottage to be comfortable and rest-promoting -- it's hard not to relax with a screened in porch set in the woods. Is it safe to say that you may never camp again? If the camping urge sets in, give us a call at Hidden Pond!

Wishing you an endless summer...

Reviewed June 22, 2013

This is what Maine has always needed. A luxury resort that still feels rustic and authentic. I went to summer camp in Maine the 1960's. This place feels like my summer camp, as reimagined by Relais and Chateaux! Charming cabins beautifully furnished, with indoor (marble) and outdoor showers, a stone fireplace in every cabin, morning delivery of a basket of fresh-baked goods, hot coffee and the NY Times (with juice, yogurt and granola already in the fridge). An adults-only "serenity" pool by the hidden pond and a family pool too. A lovely farm garden. And a charming locally-provisioned restaurant, Earth. A tree-top spa with treatment rooms connected by outdoor wodden paths. And a welcoming, efficient and solicitous staff. A perfect weekend get-away.

1  Thank Capcityman

Dear Capcityman:

Your first sentence makes us very proud! I love that you were able to revisit memories and emotions from your summer camp experiences as a child, while enjoying the creature comforts that we have put in place for our guests. It is nice to hear that Hidden Pond brought the comfort of camp (as a grown up) back to you. I'm glad that you enjoyed the balance between rustic and luxury and found the the property to be "authentic". We work hard to offer a vacation experience that places thoughtful service with an original feel above all things. Our ultimate goal is to provide novel experiences in a familiar setting. Please come visit us again and enjoy many more perfect getaways to our great state.

Do not hesitate to reach out to me directly if I can ever assist with trip planning or local lore.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

I already can't wait to go back to Hidden Pond. It's everything I remember about camping as a child - but a whole lot better! You will enjoy every minute!

Favorite moments:
making smores at the daily bonfire
dinner at Earth
warm milk/warm chocolate chip cookies delivered to the bungalow

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
GeneralManagerHP, General Manager at Hidden Pond, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

Dear joanjettboy:

Come back and see us soon! Many people tell us that Hidden Pond reminds them of a summer camp -- both for adults and children, alike. We joke (but it's true) that it's summer camp with Frette linens and a gourmet chef!

It's great to hear what your favorite moments were -- the activities that you mentioned are some the most relaxing things to endure while on vacation. We are happy to be able to offer these experiences that are so familiar and comforting, yet can feel so distant and different than our daily happenings.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hidden Pond in the future for more bonfires, warm cookies and much more!

Wishing you an endless summer..

Justin Grimes

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kennebunkport
The Tides Beach Club
#8 of 25 in Kennebunkport
The Breakwater Inn and Spa
The Breakwater Inn and Spa
#14 of 25 in Kennebunkport

Been to Hidden Pond? Share your experiences!