As the sign says as you drive in, 'Drive Slowly, Breathe Deeply'. Hidden Pond just quietly takes your breath away with its laid back appeal but with absolutely every detail of service and hospitality covered. They just don't brag about it. This is a place that needs to be added to the list of '100 places to see before you die' but you don't 'see' Hidden Pond as much as 'be' here. From the freshly brewed coffee on my verandah at sun up, the basket of suncreams by the pool, the free rides to town or beach whenever you felt like it, outdoor showers, picking fresh herbs, vegetables and flowers from their communal gardens, yoga under the trees, beach service with a paddleboard lesson thrown in... and then that stunning 'yes, we have a restaurant' which the world is raving about, 'earth'. Sublime. Please God, let me come back here at least one more time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden Pond is a private retreat for those seeking high-end accommodations and personalized services in a relaxed and natural setting. The (16) two-bedroom cottages and (20) one bedroom bungalows, feature Frette linens, fireplaces, flat screen TVs and Bose sound systems with iPod docks, state-of-the-art kitchens in the larger cottages while the bungalows feature a wetbar, landscaped outdoor showers and decadent screened porches allowing inside living to virtually extend out amongst the forest. There have been two fantastic additions to the property in 2011. Earth, a collaboration with James Beard Award Winning Chef and Restauranteur, Ken Oringer, is an al fresco restaurant focusing on farm to fork freshness. Heirloom vegetables and herbs are picked daily from the surrounding gardens, and thoughtfully incorporated into both food and beverage menu offerings. Another added amenity is the new Tree Spa, featuring three spa treatment rooms nestled in the trees. The Tree Spa is available to guests only and their services will further ensure your visit is nothing but blissful. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Hidden Pond reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hidden Pond Hotel Kennebunkport
- Hidden Pond Kennebunkport, Maine