“Good fun right in town ”

95 Ocean at The Nonantum Resort
Reserve with OpenTable
95 Ocean at The Nonantum Resort is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 60 Restaurants in Kennebunkport
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Open seasonally, Memorial Day through October Casually elegant dining. Enjoy creative local cuisine and nightly specials highlighting the freshest seafood and local ingredients from New England farms and herbs from the resort's organic gardens. Plus live entertainment weeknights in season. Just a short walk from Dock Square along Ocean Avenue. A TV Diner Platinum Plate award winner. Also serving pub fare, local Maine craft beers and cocktails in Heckman's Pub. Relax with a pre-dinner drink on the resort's front porch, or on the back lawn in an Adirondack chair overlooking the river.
Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

96 Ocean was a great local place to walk to while we stayed in Kennebunkport ME. The home made pierogis were delicious and each of the fish entrees fresh and tasty. Service was a bit slow though we were a large party so that is always a bit more difficult. Overall a good meal as part of the hotel

Jean Ginn M, Owner at 95 Ocean at The Nonantum Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

95 Ocean has become a go to place in Kennebunkport. Lots of locals love coming to this beautiful resort to enjoy fabulous meals! Our magnificent views combined with our near town location mean that many folks take a beautiful walk along the coast on Ocean Avenue either before or after dinner. A perfect summer evening plan!
Please come back and see us again when you are back in Kennebunkport! My very favorite time of year is just around the corner!
Kind Regards,

Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

I had been to the Nonantum for a wedding but this was my first time visiting the restaurant. The bread was a little hard and disappointing but the local oil and balsamic vinegar helped with the taste. We started with the corn and crab cakes which were very good. I had the Halibut which was okay, I wouldn’t say it was great. Dessert we ordered the toasted coconut pavlova which was great, coconut meringue and passion fruit sauce was delicious. We also ordered the Chocolate Bar that was horrible, it lacked taste and was served with raspberries that I believe were dried vs. fresh. However, the staff was great and the views are beautiful.

Jean Ginn M, Owner at 95 Ocean at The Nonantum Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2018

Hi Michelle:
I had to laugh when I read your review. It is the perfect example of everybody likes something different!
Personally, I really like our bread, but I do not love the oil and vinegar. (I think butter makes everything better!)
I think the Halibut is the best thing on the menu (but the corn and crab cakes are really good too!)
I also do not love the pavlova but I totally adore the chocolate bar.
I do however totally agree with you that the staff is great and the views are beautiful! :-) As I said, something for everyone!
Thanks for writing!

Reviewed July 29, 2018

Excellent lobster and haddock fish dinner, the blueberry cheesecake was amazing also. We had a wonderful table by the window.

Hi Cheryl:
It is great to hear you had such a nice visit to 95 Ocean. The views are so pretty and people just love our fresh, tasty food.
Our blueberry cheesecake has won awards as the best blueberry dessert! So delicious!
Please come back and see us again soon!
All The Best,

Reviewed July 29, 2018 via mobile

This restaurant looked a lot nicer than when we actually ate there. The food was really good but it definitely had a more casual vibe than we were expecting. We got the lazy lobster which I would recommend (the kitchen cracks and pulls out the lobster for you, so you don’t make a mess) the clam chowder was delicious!

Hi Jenn:
Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent visit to 95 Ocean. The summer does bring a more casual vibe to our restaurant as there are many families staying with us. Our live piano music does give a nice relaxing feel as soon as you walk through the door.
Our clam chowder is a crowd favorite and what's not to love about lazy lobsters? Our yummy desserts finish off dinner with a flair!
Please come back and see us again soon!
Kind Regards,

Reviewed July 23, 2018

The food was pretty good. My arugula salad was overdressed so the arugula was a bit soggy. The halibut was really tasty but a tad overcooked, the risotto was yummy. The setting is pretty but it is really loud so hard to hear my companions speaking.

The service was not very good. Not sure if our waiter was new or just not on the ball. He never checked on us after the food was served and we had to flag him down 2x, once because he dropped off bread (not tasty) and we didn't have any bread plates. The second time was to order another glass of wine. Each time we had to flag him down we had to wait quite a while to even spot him.

We had reservations on a Saturday night at 7, but it wasn't very busy.

I don't think we'd go again as there are better choices in the area.

Jean Ginn M, Owner at 95 Ocean at The Nonantum Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2018

Hello Colleen:
I am so sorry your visit to 95 Ocean did not meet your expectations. We strive to make each and every dining experience amazing and when we fall short in any way we really feel terribly. It is so surprising to hear your food was not tasty and delicious as we have had rave reviews all summer. I am even more surprised you did not have great service! Our Dining Room Manager has spearheaded an intensive training course for all and the response from our guests has been across the board positive.
I really hope you will come back and give us another try. If you email me at jean@nonantumresort.com I will make sure your next visit is a meal to remember.
Again, my apologies your visit was not all it should have been.