“Good food, good service”

95 Ocean at The Nonantum Resort
Ranked #14 of 51 Restaurants in Kennebunkport
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Open seasonally, Memorial Day through October Casually elegant dining. Enjoy creative local cuisine and nightly specials highlighting the freshest seafood and local ingredients from New England farms and herbs from the resort's organic gardens. Plus live entertainment weeknights in season. Just a short walk from Dock Square along Ocean Avenue. A TV Diner Platinum Plate award winner. Also serving pub fare, local Maine craft beers and cocktails in Heckman's Pub. Relax with a pre-dinner drink on the resort's front porch, or on the back lawn in an Adirondack chair overlooking the river.
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

wife and I have been coming to this resort for many years, but this is the first time we ate at this restaurant.
My wife ordered the filet mignon and I had the lazy man lobster. Both dishes were very tasty and good. I did have problems with my order as the waiter brought out lobster lasagna. When I told him that was not what I ordered, he realized he pushed the wrong key when ordering my meal. He quickly fixed that and comped me for that meal. It didn't talk long for it to come out. I ordered a chocolate tort for dessert, but the waiter came back and said they were out. I guess I didn't need dessert! :)
I know there were problems with the order, but the food was really good. I would recommend if you stay here try it at least once.

jeangm11, Owner at 95 Ocean at The Nonantum Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Hi Bob:
Thanks so much for taking time to share your experience at 95 Ocean! I am so happy to hear you had a great meal! Mistakes can happen and it is wonderful to learn that when the wrong key was punched by the waiter, the Dining Room Manager made an appropriate correction.
I hope during your next visit to the Nonantum you will come in to our dining room 95 Ocean more than once. Next time we will sure and save you a piece of chocolate torte!
All The Best,

Reviewed September 1, 2013

I wanted a break from eating nothing but seafood and the filet was done to perfection! It was tender and tasty. My husband enjoyed the drunken lobster. They also have a great breakfast buffet.

Hello Glamour Kitty!
The steak at 95 Ocean is one of our top sellers so I think other folks must share your "enough seafood already" feelings! Of course the fact that it is melt in your mouth tasty may have something to do with it!
The Lazy Lobster is another favorite around here and on Tuesday night it is the special - only $20.13! Best deal in town!
Come back soon and give our new Fall Menu a try!
Warm Regards,

Reviewed August 30, 2013

The three course wine pairing special was delightful. Swordfish was perfectly cooked and the wine selections were paired to each course. The Chocolate flourless tort with Chambord cream was a perfect way to complete our dining experience. Special thanks to Pam who took care of our few requests. Our all girl trio, Mom, Daughter and Daughter-in-law will definitely make this an annual treat! Mom gives extra kudos to Pam who was attentive and just plain nice. Thanks Pam.

Hi Kathy:
I have to agree - Those wine dinners are simply amazing! Each week when the menu crosses my desk I am so impressed with the ability of our Executive Chef Steve True to put together a spectacular menu and equally impressed with Bar Manager Mark Wozny's talent for pairing the wine with the special meal!
Your observations about Pam are spot on. She is just plain nice! Always a smile and a kind word! I am certain she took very good care of your all girl group!
Fall is a beautiful time of year in Kennebunkport and the wine dinners continue. Perhaps you can sneak away for another vist before we close for the season in December. We would love to see you!
All The Best,

Reviewed August 24, 2013

One of the best we've ever had, especially among those included with room rate. Who else has scalloped potatoes instead of ordinary home fries? Trolley driver said open to the public, but doesn't seem advertised that way.

Hello New York Friend!
I am so happy to hear you enjoyed the breakfast buffet. Every day it seems someone comes up to the Front Desk and raves about it! If I were on vacation it is the kind of breakfast I would love to have! Our baked goods are totally amazing. One of the guests told me the other day we have s'more muffins. Wow! Sounds good to me! The menu changes each day but in general we have eggs, bacon, sausage, fruit, granola, yogurt, toast, pancakes, cereal and other yummy baked goods. Something for everyone!
I hope you will come back and see us and when you do please come to the desk and ask for me. I am a proud Syracuse University graduate!
Warm Regards,

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We haven’t stopped raving about the amazing chowder. Brother and nephews are chefs and graduates of CIA. It was amazing especially the chowder and all fresh fish. Fresh, fresh, fresh. It was the best meal we had on our entire vacations. Wonderful service. We would drive back to Kennebunkport just to eat the chowder.

Jean Ginn M, Owner at 95 Ocean at The Nonantum Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Hi Lauren:
Thank so much for the lovely review! Chef Steve True and his staff do make a mean chowder don't they? I have hard time staying out of the kitchen to sneak a bowl! You are correct - fresh is the key to making wonderful food!
I know it is a long trip to drive back to Kennebunkport for the chowder but there are lots of special new items being added to our fall menu. You may want to consider coming back soon!
Thanks again,