“Noisy, Noisy, Noisy!”

Ranked #12 of 14 Kennebunk B&B and Inns
HOUSTON
“Noisy, Noisy, Noisy!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2006

My husband and I stayed in Room 15. This room is right by the highway - Red Flag No. 1!!!

We were awakened at 3:00 a.m. by a LOUD, shrill beeping sound - no not the alarm - it was a gasoline truck next door backing up to deliver gas..... AT 3:00 A.M.!!!!!! This shrill beeping continued for about 20 minutes. That was the worst thing among others - the higway noise kept us up after that, the soap holder in the shower was broken and when I placed my soap above the shower rim, I found a huge glob of mushy soap there - from other guests, no doubt! The toilet ran all night - we eventually had to cut it off. Ladies, no mirrors in the room.

We politely - and I do emphasize politely - asked for a reduced rate due to the fact that our stay there was miserable. I thought that $50 was reasonable - we did take a shower and ran the air conditioner in an attempt to drown out the highway noise. The lady at the front desk said "We had to book that room because we were full last night" - so they don't book that room on nights when they aren't full? They know about the noise from the gas station??? We were advised that the AAA discout was the ONLY discount they would give - 10%. Never stay here!!! Save your money and stay at the big hotel in Kennebunkport. It was really nice!

• Liked — Antiques
  • Disliked — Noise from the gas station next to it
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't stay here - spend the extra money and stay in Kennebunkport
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank kmatthews060306

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Narbonne, France
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2006

We actually never got to stay at this 'quaint' Maine inn. I had made reservations to go there for our anniversary, but my wife didn't think she was going to feel well enough for the trip. As I had made the reservations through Travelocity, I cancelled through them as well. After the weekend had passed, I got a charge on my credit card for the entire cost of the 2-night stay - almost $200! When I contacted the inn to question it, their response was that they never received my cancellation. No offers to assist, suggestions to make things right, nothing. I will still work with my credit card company and Travelocity to straighten this out, but I'm very displeased with the way the Kennebunk Inn dealt with me.

• Tips/Secrets — Don't go. There are plenty of other over-priced accomodations in Maine where you'll be treated better.
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Mainer_in_exile

Travelers are raving about these Kennebunk hotels

Nashua NH
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2006

The Inn is dark, dreary, shabby rooms, deficient lighting in both bedrooms and bath- miniscule rooms. The "charms" of small town inns are lost on me. To add more to the mix, no hot water in the morning. Luckily I stayed only one night as I had no closet . Bed was like a board, windows loose, all in all, the Inn looks threadbare. Finally, no one with mobility problems could climb the steep stairs. Felt it was expensive for what was offered. NEVER AGAIN!!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay away
  • Stayed September 2006
4 Thank Bostonbrahmin
NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2006

There is no concept of customer service at this Inn - just lots of attitude. We stayed two nights there. Had we planned on a longer stay, we would have tried to find another place. All problems seemed to be our fault when raised with management. When I complained about standing in five inches of water while I showered, I was told that they had just had the drain snaked, but she would check on it for me. When I followed up later in the day, I was told, "that all the water had drained out a half hour later!" I'm not sure how that fixes the problem of having to stand in it while showering, but she sure seemed satisfied with that answer and her attitude made it clear that there was nothing else she was going to do about it. The following day we were gone from our room from 6:00am to 1:00pm. When we returned, our room had not yet been cleaned and we had to ask for towels and toiletries. No one ever knocked on the door to see if we wanted the room cleaned. Upon checkout the next day when I mentioned this, I was told that they had until 3:00pm to clean the rooms. Once again, no ownership from management for problems and, gee, it must have been my fault again because I didn't say something before 3:00pm! There was no offer to reduce the rate for the inconveniences and no interest in cultivating any kind of goodwill. If management had just responded with something like, "I'm terribly sorry - it's old plumbing that we've tried to fix and there's no excuse for not making sure your room was cleaned, we'll take XX% off your bill," that would have gone a long way in how we felt about our stay. We were also reprimanded for sitting in the wrong room for the mediocre breakfast. The room rate was way out of line for what was received.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Rabbit2348
The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2006

We stayed one night whilst travelling through so were not expecting too much.

The inn is clearly all original with very plain corridors reminiscent of a school dorm.

The rooms, whilst clean and original could do with a little more thought to the decor. The biggest problem is the petrol station opposite and if like us you are their when fuel is being pumped.. boy are you awake early.

The restaurant on site is exceptionally high standard, with the food matching the description that the owners focus on this. However this standard was not matched with the breakfast buffet which offered peaches and small strips of cookies.. no bread,no serial nothing, just these 2 items and coffee. Good excuse to try the local diners

Stayed August 2006
1 Thank DriftwoodNL
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kennebunk
King's Port Inn
#3 of 26 in Kennebunkport
The Breakwater Inn and Spa
The Breakwater Inn and Spa
#14 of 26 in Kennebunkport

Been to Kennebunk Inn? Share your experiences!