“I loved it”

Grace White Barn Inn and Spa
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Kennebunk
Exeter,NH
Reviewed September 18, 2005

I stayed at The White Barn Inn with my company for a small meeting and I loved it. I certainly found the Inn and the Restaurant to live up to the high standards we expected. The food and service were above reproach and my room, in the main Inn was very comfortable, nicely furnished and yes the rooms are high priced but worth it. I will be going back to enjoy the Inn with my family over the holidays, I hear the decorations are fabulous.

• Stayed: September 2005, traveled on business
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed September 5, 2005

Luciano greeted us and was terrific, in fact all the personnel were wonderful, however, that plus can not hide a run-down facility, a dirty/small swimming pool, tiny rooms with major-league prices, noisy air-conditioning, narrow, dark stair cases and a feeling that what the Hotel wanted most was your money (i.e. a $20 room service charge add-on charge for ???? turning down your bed?). We were so turned-off by the facility that we ate elsewhere and thus have no observations on the food Our experience with Relais & Chateaux has been unerring with this exception.

• Stayed: August 2005
11  Thank DickSuzanne
Reviewed June 24, 2005

While touring around Maine this spring, my husband and I came upon the White Barn Inn. We decided to stay for a few nights. We booked the Loft Suite for 2 nights.....it was superb! We had a private entrance, and a private patio! The Loft Suite had a very large marble bathroom with heated floors!! Also a jacuzzi tub for two!! We are planning to come back in the fall, to the Loft Suite and admire the fall leaves!! thank you so much for a very enjoyable weekend!

• Stayed: May 2005
6  Thank landlocklobster
Cape Canaveral
Reviewed May 3, 2005

We arrived at Logan Airport where we were greeted by Imperial Limousine- The first of many wonderful experiences ahead on our adventure to Maine. Arriving at White Barn Inn was like stepping into another world. Everyone instantly knew our names and treated us like royalty.
The dining experience is to die for, and Kennebunkport is exactly what you would immagine a New England seaside town to be. We plan to vist again and again.

Stayed: April 2005
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Boston, MA
Reviewed April 5, 2005

Totally by surprise, my boyfriend took me for a trip to lovely Kennebunkport in Maine. It was a Wednesday in March, where the town is still quiet and not overcrowed by tourists. We arrived at the White Barn Inn in the afternoon, where we got welcomed by a very friendly lady at the front desk. She showed us our room (one of the 4 garden rooms, quiet and romantic) and wished us a wonderful stay. Because it was just around 3:30 pm, we went for tea time in the hotel. We enjoyed the most unbelievable tea and cookie variation. My boyfriend choose Rooibus - a herbal tea from South Africa and I had a a Leaves of provence - a black tea, scented with the flavors of Southern France. Just outstanding! Our waiter explained us the area and gave us some tips, where we could go for art and antique shopping.
After a little stroll through town, which is only a 10 minute walk, we got ready for dinner. What a beautiful restaurant the White Barn Inn is. At the door a very nice hostess welcomed us and showed us our table - a romantic corner table, close to the piano, where the piano player enchanted us through the night with all these wonderful melodies.
The service was outstanding. We do not have too much knowledge about wine, so we choose the wine pairing that was offered by our waiter. Like this we could learn a lot about every wine and it's background and we also enjoyed every wine in combination with each course. My favorite dish was the quail appetizer - so much flavor and the meat was so tender, it was just melting on my tongue. For our main course, we both had the lobster dish, which is the restaurants signature dish for many years. I guess, if you come to Kennebunkport, you do want to eat lobster. But there was also a great variety of beef, cod, salmon and vegeterian dishes. Instead of dessert, we just ordered a cheese plate, which our waiter was prepairing fresh at the table. I never saw so many different cheeses from all over the world. We laerned more and really enjoyed the selection we were choosing. I really liked the fact, that a lot of New England cheeses were featured. After finishing dinner, we did not really wanted to leave, so we went to the bar, listened to some more piano music and enjoyed a glass of our favorite single malt.
If you want a little get away from your busy city life - even if it's just for the day, we highly recommend The White Barn Inn in Kennebunkport/ME. From the minute, we walked into the building, til second we payed our bill, we just felt like king and queen. Especially the staff made us feel very special - thank you again!

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Leicestershire, England
Reviewed September 23, 2004

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 25, 2004

7  Thank marthambles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kennebunk
The Grand Hotel
Nonantum Resort
Nonantum Resort
#1 of 6 in Kennebunkport
Port Inn Kennebunk, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member

Been to Grace White Barn Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!