“Budget Friendly and Close to Everything!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of King's Port Inn

King's Port Inn
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Kennebunk
Georgia
“Budget Friendly and Close to Everything!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here two nights with my husband and two children (5 and 6). My husband, who can be a tough critic, was impressed by the value we got here. The King's Port Inn is easy walking distance from Dock Square and is less than a mile from the Kennebunk beaches. Our room was very clean. The building is older and a bit worn in places. The continental breakfast was nice to have. My husband and kids enjoyed the waffles. Fresh fruit would be a nice addition. There were other families with children staying there besides ours, but it was still very quiet.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank luckydog57
kingsportinn, Manager at King's Port Inn, responded to this review, September 10, 2014
Dear luckydog57,
We enjoyed meeting your family! Thank you for choosing King's Port Inn! We hope to see you again in the future!
Warmest Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Belmont, VT
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

This hotel is a good value; it has a great location with an easy walk across the small bridge into Kennebunkport and the shops and restaurants in Dock Square. They do have a complimentary continental breakfast with homemade waffles. The rooms could use some updating but were spacious with very comfortable beds. The pub shown on the website didn't appear to be operating but to be fair to the innkeeper, we did't ask about it. I'm sure they would have accommodated us.
All in all a good experience.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Belmontcouple
kingsportinn, Manager at King's Port Inn, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear Belmontcouple,

Thank You for choosing King's Port Inn and for your much appreciated review! It is our mission to offer comfortable rooms and quality service in a perfect location at a great value! The Bar at King's Port is currently open on Friday and Saturday nights. If our bar is closed, our front desk staff would be happy to assist in serving you anytime!

Portland, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

Great location, great price, and friendly staff. The only thing keeping them from 5 star is the dated condition of the rugs and décor. We came for the Tour de Cure and were lucky to find this inn. The complimentary breakfast was also above-average.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank rman04554
Dear rman04554,

Thank you for staying at King's Port Inn. We are so glad that you felt lucky to have found us! Many reviewers have stated that our hotel is dated. King's Port Inn is not furnished in the style of a contemporary boutique hotel. Our décor is traditional Maine. This year we have made significant upgrades to our floors and décor, however, these changes continue to be in the same traditional style.

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

This hotel is in the best spot for walking around and seeing all that the city has to offer. The rooms are outdated, but cozy and clean. The staff was very friendly and were so nice about giving us a double room instead of a king bed. They helped out with recommendations and everything around was walkable. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank jaime w
Dear jaime w,

We are so happy that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful! Our Front desk associates work so hard to give the best possible customer service experience to all our guests!
We hope that you will choose King's Port Inn for your future trips to the Kennebunk/Kennebunkport area!

Phillipston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2014

My daughter and I stayed here for one night while she ran in the Maine Coast Marathon. We asked to check out late and not only did they add us to the list we were informed that breakfast was also going to be early to accommodate the runners. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful, breakfast was awesome with made to order waffles with all of the trimmings. The room was comfortable and the location was downtown close to everything. Best of all we had to extend our checkout because my daughter had some medical issues associated with the marathon which was no problem and we were told "Don't worry no rush, take your time and recoup". I would highly recommend this hotel and I'm hoping to go back with my husband.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank FranciePants317
Southeast
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2014

My husband and I stayed here in early April, so the area was not crowded at all. The hotel is nice enough. I'm always a little leery with hotels that have outside entrances, but I never felt unsafe. The gave us free passes to a nearby gym because there isn't a fitness center on site. The gym was within 10 minutes away and very nice. The free breakfast was great. They will even make you waffles to order. They were doing some redecorating/remodeling when we there, so I'm sure it's even more lovely than when we visited.

Room Tip: There are a few rooms with an interior entrance. I would ask for one of those specifically.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank troutfishe
Mason, OH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

I stayed here for five nights in April on a solo getaway. My goal was to eat seafood and walk on the beach every day, and indulge in my photography hobby, without friends or family always wanting to go somewhere else, do something else, etc. I've traveled to the southern coast of Maine a number of times, this was the first time I stayed in the Kennebunk/Kennebunkport area.

The King's Port Inn was a good choice for accommodations. Upon arrival, the lady at the front desk was very nice. The facility was very clean, the second-floor room I was assigned was spacious and the bed very comfortable. I could open the window in the bathroom area for fresh air, which is always a plus (I don't like hermetically sealed hotel rooms!). Choices for breakfast -- including waffles made to order -- were plentiful and fresh (cereal, oatmeal, pastries, bagels, hard-boiled eggs, yogurt, fruit, bread to make toast, jellies, cream cheese, butter, peanut butter, milk, juice, coffee, tea...). Although there is no coffeemaker in the room, I discovered in the evening that if you ask the lady at the front desk, she will happily make a cup of hot tea (or coffee, I suppose) for you at your request. (Thank you, it was much appreciated both times!) There is a mini-fridge in the room. Also, there is a small "general store" directly across the street where you can purchase groceries, snacks, fruit, necessary items, wine/beer, other beverages, postcards, etc.

The lady at the front desk also made some excellent recommendations for places to eat nearby.

I would say this is NOT a facility that caters to children, which in my opinion is a GOOD THING. (If you have kids, go to Old Orchard Beach, or York.) The neighborhood and the King's Port Inn were quiet, which was relaxing (and appreciated).

The only "negative," and it's inconsequential, is that the King's Port Inn is not situated directly on the beach or within view of the ocean. However, nice beaches are a healthy walk or short drive away. The main street district of Kennbunkport is an easy walk and worth a stroll each evening.

I would recommend the King's Port Inn, and would stay here again.

Room Tip: As the bottom floor is "motel-like" with parking immediately outside the rooms, if this mi...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank SJO377
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kennebunk
The Grand Hotel
Nonantum Resort
Nonantum Resort
#1 of 5 in Kennebunkport
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,571 reviews

Been to King's Port Inn? Share your experiences!