My wife & I stayed at the bufflehead cove inn on the 1st night of our honeymoon, having flown into Boston earlier the same afternoon.
We arrived in the dark - about 8, and even then didn't have any problems finding the place, even though it is "down a small unlit lane"
The garden room we'd booked was perfect, as no doubt all the other rooms are - the attention to detail was fantastic, without being over fussy.
It was only next morning however, that we saw what makes the bufflehead cove inn really stand out, and that's It's location - surrounded by woods & gardens, on the banks of a tidal creek.
Breakfast (blueberry muffins, fresh fruit salad, bacon & eggs, cinnamon bread, fresh fruit smoothie, & all the tea & coffee you can drink) was taken on the veranda, overlooking the water, with only the sounds of birds & chipmonks to disturb you.
You can see the bridge into Kennebunkport from the veranda (It's about a mile away) which'll give you an idea of Its location.
Overall, we both had a fantastic time, and a very positive introduction to American hospitality. Our only regret was that we didnt turn up a few hours earlier to enjoy cheese & Wine @ 4pm on the veranda, and that we didnt stay for at least 2 days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bufflehead Cove Inn is Kennebunkport Maine lodging at its best. Visit this intimate Bed and Breakfast on the edge of Kennebunkport Maine today to experience the serenity and seclusion of waterfront lodging. Secluded and private, the Bufflehead Cove Inn is the perfect destination for summer vacations, rejuvenating weekend getaways, or simply a trip to get away from it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Bufflehead Cove Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bufflehead Cove Hotel Kennebunk
- Bufflehead Cove Inn Kennebunk, Maine