We stayed here in July 2008 because we were advised that it would be a great bargain. We paid 140 USD for a double. We felt that is was not great value: When we entered the room we encountered a strange smell. The air condition was very loud and did not work very effectively. The room had a carpet floor from the 60s, as was the furniture. Breakfast was ok, however not as good as promised when we checked in. Porridge was good, but far too many cakes for our taste and mainly white bread. Over all, check-in staff was very friendly and helpful though. On the up side is the nice park, the distance to the beach (though not the best beach in Maine) and the free beach parking license. Still, we would probably not stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An affordable option for the Kennebunk/Kennebunkport area. The hotel offers simple, plain, comfortable guest rooms for young families, seniors and anyone on a budget. Located next to the beautiful St. Anthony's Monastery Grounds with 44 acres of trees, rolling lawns, picnic tables, riverside walking path, shrines and wildlife. Only 15 minute walk to the beach. Or if you wish to drive, parking permits are available for a small fee. The continental buffet included with your room, with an upgrade to hot breakfast available for a small fee. Amenities include outdoor saltwater pool, free parking, A/C's, mini-refrigerator in all rooms. Supper by our Lithuanian cooks available in peak season. The hotel is a little oasis of peace and tranquility between Docks Square and the Kennebunk beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Franciscan Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Franciscan Guest House Hotel Kennebunk
- Franciscan Hotel Kennebunk
- Franciscan Guest House Kennebunk, Maine