What a gem. Beautiful grounds, clean rooms, enough modernity to make it very comfortable, Such good value for money, superb breakfast, a peaceful retreat where materialism and tips are relegated to background irrelevance. Supposedly non-profit making ( I believe this) you come away with a rosy outlook on people. One of the best value for money places ever, the work they are doing to make you feel welcome inspires you to to leave larger donation than if heavily prompted. If ever we come back to this town we will make sure to book well ahead to get a room here. You can keep your fancy over-priced accommodation in this town, this would be my choice even after a lottery win.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An affordable option for the Kennebunk/Kennebunkport area. The hotel offers simple, plain, comfortable guest rooms for young families, seniors and anyone on a budget. Located next to the beautiful St. Anthony's Monastery Grounds with 44 acres of trees, rolling lawns, picnic tables, riverside walking path, shrines and wildlife. Only 15 minute walk to the beach. Or if you wish to drive, parking permits are available for a small fee. The continental buffet included with your room, with an upgrade to hot breakfast available for a small fee. Amenities include outdoor saltwater pool, free parking, A/C's, mini-refrigerator in all rooms. Supper by our Lithuanian cooks available in peak season. The hotel is a little oasis of peace and tranquility between Docks Square and the Kennebunk beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Franciscan Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Franciscan Guest House Hotel Kennebunk
- Franciscan Hotel Kennebunk
- Franciscan Guest House Kennebunk, Maine