I stayed, with a group, for four days here, and found it great. As described in other reviews, the rooms are good sized, and while the furniture was not modern (ie, old style maple dressers and desks), the beds were very comfortable, the bathrooms were clean and modern (great showers with spa-style water pressure, very nice!) and the linens etc. were fine. All very clean, and in Jan. the heater in the room worked just fine.
It was a short walk into Kennebunkport Village, saving the parking hassles, and even with snow, the grounds were lovely, and plenty of the walkways had been well-cleared. It must be wonderful in other seasons. The breakfasts were excellent, too, with a choice of either full or continental choices.
Very good WiFi throughout the building, nice TVs and mini-fridges in rooms, coffee and tea fixings available all day, and two computers for guests to use.
I was here with a group, and the staff was helpful and accommodating, very friendly about any soecial arrangements, and the large meeting/working room we were in was just right. Good lighting, chairs, and very good meals. I think usually they may not serve lunches or dinners, except for groups, but they did great meal service.
I did ask about the review titled "Do Not Stay Here" and found out that there were preventative bedbug measures taken, since they can't control what comes into the Guest House, but I felt very confident that this was not an issue, and that the management had responded to that writer to her satisfaction, so don't be put off by that comment.
If you want a very pleasant stay in a clean and, though not fancy, comfortable and functional room, staffed by friendly people, this is an excellent choice. I will be recommending it to my family as a great place for a very reasonable cost, in an area of very high-priced other choices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An affordable option for the Kennebunk/Kennebunkport area. The hotel offers simple, plain, comfortable guest rooms for young families, seniors and anyone on a budget. Located next to the beautiful St. Anthony's Monastery Grounds with 44 acres of trees, rolling lawns, picnic tables, riverside walking path, shrines and wildlife. Only 15 minute walk to the beach. Or if you wish to drive, parking permits are available for a small fee. The continental buffet included with your room, with an upgrade to hot breakfast available for a small fee. Amenities include outdoor saltwater pool, free parking, A/C's, mini-refrigerator in all rooms. Supper by our Lithuanian cooks available in peak season. The hotel is a little oasis of peace and tranquility between Docks Square and the Kennebunk beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Franciscan Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Franciscan Guest House Hotel Kennebunk
- Franciscan Hotel Kennebunk
- Franciscan Guest House Kennebunk, Maine