“This restaurant needs a good manager.”
Review of Abbondante - CLOSED

Abbondante
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 35
Description: Abbondante’s menu is true to its name, offering generous portions of thoughtful Italian preparations. Fresh, homemade pasta is prepared daily for family favorite dishes like spaghetti and meatballs and ravioli with ricotta filling and more inventive dishes like tagliatelle with hazelnut brown butter, rabbit confit, spinach and chevre, and papperedelle with agro dolce pork, sausage and pickled chilis. Pizzas cooked in the wood-burning oven include classics, pizza margherita with tomato, basil, mozzarella and extra virgin olive oil, as well as the more imaginative, such as pizza salsiccia with sausage, pickled chilis, provolone and roasted peppers. The menu is rounded out with comfort specialties like eggplant and chicken parmesan, meatball heroes and lasagna.
florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This restaurant needs a good manager.”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Cute Place, good atmosphere. The food was ok. The service was terrible! Waiters w/ 0 experience, super overwhelmed, no training!
A good management team will do wonders for this restaurant. Not planning to return anytime soon.

Dear Wineanddine43,
Thank you for your candid feedback on your recent experience with us. I personally apologize for your service experience. We take service very seriously and sounds to me like we missed the mark on your table. We do daily training on service points and menu education and believe our servers get better by the day.
Should you choose to return, please feel free to contact me directly to place your reservation, merrileep@gmail.com.
Again, thank you for your review, we truly appreciate all comments.
Best,
Merrilee Paul

Maine/New York
“A good place to go”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

The food was very good. I really liked the chicken. Unfortunately, the portion size was small. The bread was good. The service was inept. He tried, but he was not a professional.

Visited July 2013
Dear CanCookTonight,
We appreciate you taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. While we are pleased you enjoyed your food, we apologize the service didnt meet your needs. We are constantly training & educating our staff on service protocols and menu knowledge. When you return, our hope is to have your service match the food.
Again, thank you for your feedback.
Best,
Merrilee
maine
“Abbondante”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Great dinner, I had the eggplant parm with a ($5) side of linguine. I thought it was delicious. My husband was a bit put off by having to pay for a side of pasta but was enough that two could split the pasta side. His rigatoni looked fantastic. Be careful of those hot skillets though. I still have a burn mark on my hand four days later. I would like to see the skillets have cozys on them but that certainly won't keep us away. We live just up the street and I forsee us returning many times. Thank you!

Dear Sammieinmaine,
Many thanks for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. We are pleased you enjoyed your eggplant parm and appreciated our homemade pastas.
We look forward to welcoming you back.
Best, Merrilee Paul
Kennebunkport, Maine
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“did not respond to web request for reservation”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We made(or thought we made) on-line reservation through their website at approximately 4:30 - 5:00 for 7pm on Wednesday. After entering the required information a message popped up that read something along the line of "we will contact you regarding your reservations". Well we were not contacted or texted back so we arrived to a rude hostess who said they have no record of our request. They need to check their web site or not offer an on-line reservation service if they are not going to follow through, A simple phone call or text back could have remedied the situation. The front of the house should be welcoming not condescending. Unfortunately I can't tell you about the food....

1 Thank TPappy308
Merrilee P, Owner at Abbondante, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Tpappy308,
I apologize we were unable to accommodate your party the night you arrived. We are unable to respond to online requests for a table at times after we are open fro same night. Your request did not give us sufficient time to respond as it was for same night within an hour of your submission. Please give us a call next time when the time frame is a bit last minute.
I do hope you try us again as your review of one star does not take into account our food, service, or atmosphere. Feel free to contact me directly to book a table, info@abbondante.com.
Merrilee Paul
GM/Owner
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Real people helping us enjoy a lovely evening. Knew how to make our evening special”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

The food was a 4 but the service made me feel like home - only better. I congratulate whoever hired the people who are authentic ,, helpful and gracious. Genuine smiles made me feel special and appreciated. Dinner is not just food- it is the experience. Thank you for a beautiful waitress with a smile that was real

1 Thank Suejon222
Merrilee P, Owner at Abbondante, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Sujon222,
We appreciate you complimenting our staff, we are really proud at how they are being received. I am glad they made your evening.
Appreciate your review, we hope to see you back soon.