“Abbondante”
Review of Abbondante - CLOSED

Abbondante
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 35
Description: Abbondante’s menu is true to its name, offering generous portions of thoughtful Italian preparations. Fresh, homemade pasta is prepared daily for family favorite dishes like spaghetti and meatballs and ravioli with ricotta filling and more inventive dishes like tagliatelle with hazelnut brown butter, rabbit confit, spinach and chevre, and papperedelle with agro dolce pork, sausage and pickled chilis. Pizzas cooked in the wood-burning oven include classics, pizza margherita with tomato, basil, mozzarella and extra virgin olive oil, as well as the more imaginative, such as pizza salsiccia with sausage, pickled chilis, provolone and roasted peppers. The menu is rounded out with comfort specialties like eggplant and chicken parmesan, meatball heroes and lasagna.
maine
“Abbondante”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Great dinner, I had the eggplant parm with a ($5) side of linguine. I thought it was delicious. My husband was a bit put off by having to pay for a side of pasta but was enough that two could split the pasta side. His rigatoni looked fantastic. Be careful of those hot skillets though. I still have a burn mark on my hand four days later. I would like to see the skillets have cozys on them but that certainly won't keep us away. We live just up the street and I forsee us returning many times. Thank you!

Merrilee P, Owner at Abbondante, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Sammieinmaine,
Many thanks for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. We are pleased you enjoyed your eggplant parm and appreciated our homemade pastas.
We look forward to welcoming you back.
Best, Merrilee Paul

Kennebunkport, Maine
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“did not respond to web request for reservation”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We made(or thought we made) on-line reservation through their website at approximately 4:30 - 5:00 for 7pm on Wednesday. After entering the required information a message popped up that read something along the line of "we will contact you regarding your reservations". Well we were not contacted or texted back so we arrived to a rude hostess who said they have no record of our request. They need to check their web site or not offer an on-line reservation service if they are not going to follow through, A simple phone call or text back could have remedied the situation. The front of the house should be welcoming not condescending. Unfortunately I can't tell you about the food....

1 Thank TPappy308
Merrilee P, Owner at Abbondante, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Tpappy308,
I apologize we were unable to accommodate your party the night you arrived. We are unable to respond to online requests for a table at times after we are open fro same night. Your request did not give us sufficient time to respond as it was for same night within an hour of your submission. Please give us a call next time when the time frame is a bit last minute.
I do hope you try us again as your review of one star does not take into account our food, service, or atmosphere. Feel free to contact me directly to book a table, info@abbondante.com.
Merrilee Paul
GM/Owner
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Real people helping us enjoy a lovely evening. Knew how to make our evening special”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

The food was a 4 but the service made me feel like home - only better. I congratulate whoever hired the people who are authentic ,, helpful and gracious. Genuine smiles made me feel special and appreciated. Dinner is not just food- it is the experience. Thank you for a beautiful waitress with a smile that was real

1 Thank Suejon222
Merrilee P, Owner at Abbondante, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Sujon222,
We appreciate you complimenting our staff, we are really proud at how they are being received. I am glad they made your evening.
Appreciate your review, we hope to see you back soon.
Maine
“Fabulous food and fabulous service”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Just tried Abbondante for the first time last week and had an amazing meal and the service was just outstanding. Our server's name was Grace and I can't say enough about her. Plan on going back again very soon.

• Visited June 2013
Merrilee P, Owner at Abbondante, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear LindaSullivan,
Thank you for your kind words regarding your experience with us. I am so pleased you enjoyed Grace's service, she really is a lovely server. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Medford, Massachusetts
“Average at best!”
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Not good! I miss Grissini's. Food did not have much flavor. Caprese salad was small, contained rubbery mozzarella and flavorless pesto. Pappardelle bolognese was gummy (which made it difficult to eat) and sauce was bland. Our server was completely unmotivated and uninformed about the menu. We needed to ask him for grated cheese which he needed to search for. . .I imagine in the haste to open by summer, the staff is under trained and very inexperienced. There is a large bar in the upstairs dining room now. This will be good for bar patrons and probably bad for diners who want a more elegant atmosphere. I felt like everyone was trying so hard to be urban and "hip" that they forgot they were a restaurant in Maine.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank JanetLD
Merrilee P, Owner at Abbondante, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide candid feedback about your recent dining experience with us. There is nothing more valuable than our guest’s reviews, we take these comments very seriously. We extend a sincere apology from our entire staff that your expectations were not met. Thank you once again for your feedback and we hope to be able to have you as our guests again & have you enjoy an evening as we intended.

Warm regards,