“Need to try”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 35
Description: Abbondante’s menu is true to its name, offering generous portions of thoughtful Italian preparations. Fresh, homemade pasta is prepared daily for family favorite dishes like spaghetti and meatballs and ravioli with ricotta filling and more inventive dishes like tagliatelle with hazelnut brown butter, rabbit confit, spinach and chevre, and papperedelle with agro dolce pork, sausage and pickled chilis. Pizzas cooked in the wood-burning oven include classics, pizza margherita with tomato, basil, mozzarella and extra virgin olive oil, as well as the more imaginative, such as pizza salsiccia with sausage, pickled chilis, provolone and roasted peppers. The menu is rounded out with comfort specialties like eggplant and chicken parmesan, meatball heroes and lasagna.
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Beautiful atmosphere, wonderful food, and great company. Loved it! Ps the shrimp appetizer is amazing :)

1  Thank dollygurl03
Merrilee P, Owner at Abbondante, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to review your most recent dining experience with us, we are happy to know you had a pleasant evening.
Many thanks again, we look forward to having you back.

GM/Owner

There are newer reviews for Abbondante

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Wasn't sure about the new owners but it was great! Service was good and beautiful decor! Make sure and try the ceasar salad.

1  Thank mps7777777

We appreciate you taking the time to review Abbondante, we are pleased you enjoyed the service and recommend our Caesar salad.
Hoping to see you again to welcome you back!

Reviewed June 14, 2013

The food here is very good, and prices are reasonable. Order the chicken parmesan; you won't be sorry. I liked the bruschetta, as well. They also offer an excellent locally brewed beer (Funky Bow Brewery, from Lyman, Maine).

I read the reviews below on the decor, and was prepared not to like it when I went. But I thought the place looked really, really nice. It is a neat space.

It is fair to say, as of mid-June 2012, that some of the wait staff at this newly-opened restaurant are inexperienced. But everyone I saw had a good attitude, and interacted well with customers. It is a fun experience to go here. I like it much, much more than the earlier restaurant that occupied the space for many years.

Give it a try. If you are like me, you will go back soon!

Dear GordonG-
Many thanks for taking the time to review your dining experience with us at Abbondante. We appreciate the positive feedback and are thrilled you enjoyed the food & atmosphere.
We look forward to welcoming you & your guests back.
Gm/Owner

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I find some of the below reviews bizarre. I go to restaurants to eat, not analyze the decor. I actually think the decor is really cool, and beautiful (so did the people I ate with). So I find almost unacceptable that people rate a restaurant because they personally do not like the decor. Maybe they are the ones with bad taste?
Anyway, sorry for the rant... now on the food. It's terrific. I have eaten here twice. First time with 4 adults. It was one of the first nights they were open. They were working out the kinks in service. The food was terrific: we had Pork chop, pasta, chicken, and chicken parmesan. We had salad appetizers, and calamari. The pork chop was amazing, the orcchiette pasta with sausage was sinful!
The second time we went the service was perfect (I think you need to give restaurants a couple weeks to work this out). We went with our 2 young kids and food was just as exceptional. We got pasta and pizza. The pizza was the biggest surprise. It was some of the best pizza I have ever had. When we commented to the waitress how delicious it was she told us we could get it for take out.
Very happy this has opened, we needed an Italian restaurant, and this fits the bill!

1  Thank suziefay

Dear SuzieFay,
Many thanks for your positive review of your dining experiences with us. So happy you enjoyed the pizza most of all! We worked hard on the new decor and appreciate your glowing review of our new restaurant.
Looking forward to having you in again.
Best,

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I had been to Grissini's a few times over the past 5 years and thought it was good or bad just indifferent. I was excited to hear it was being taken over by the people from 50 Local, because I love 50 Local. Before my first visit I had read reviews here and was excited to see the interior because of all the bad reviews that mostly commented on the decor. You people are nutty! The decor is interesting, I love the quotes on the walls, the big chandeliers, fireplace and the black walls I find unique. But anyway I was there to eat not to stare at the walls. We started with some salads that were delicious, I loved the Caesar, we then got chicken parm which was two huge breasts covered in cheese and sauce, it was great! My husband got ziti with sausage he at the whole thing and said it was "unbelievable", another diner with us got spaghetti and meatballs, huge serving and delicious. We had two little ones with us and the waiter informed us we could order 1/2 plates which we did of gnocchi and ravioli both kiddos cleared their plates and I was disappointed I wanted some more gnocchi. We tried three desserts and cleaned the plates and would have licked them had the restaurant not been full: Panna Cotta, Tiramisu and canolis.
Love this new place! We will be back!

1  Thank Meg S

Dear MeganS,
We thank you for taking the time to write about your most recent dining experience with us. We are thrilled you & your family enjoyed yourselves. I am glad you found our wall quotes entertaining as I know we do!
Looking forward to having you back.