“Great food!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed September 20, 2011

We've eaten here twice in one week. First time outside, second time inside. Outside was very nice and quiet and the was nice live music. Inside Red socks on tv and locals at the bar. My husband and I loved the food, he's had the steak and beef theryaki, I had the vegetable ravioli and for desert the lovely blueberry pie. I'm thinking about eating there tomorrow again.

1  Thank Ellen227
There are newer reviews for Pilot House Restaurant

Reviewed September 7, 2011

fresh good 1 1/4 lobster for $12. We went there for lunch and sat outside. It was a pleasant experience. It was a weekday and there were very few people in the restaurant.

Reviewed September 1, 2011

Our family ate here; food is so-so. Seems very popular with locals. My lobster roll was average at best. Others in my party had boiled lobster adn thought it was good. Service was good. Location is not that great. The major drawback is that many of the bar patrons come outside to smoke and it is very unpleasant for the non-smokers who are trying to enjoy their meal outdoors.

Reviewed August 31, 2011

We stopped in on a Friday night -- lots of locals who all seemed to know one another. It was great fun watching all of them having a great time with friends. We went in with the idea of having lobster, but had the Friday Night Haddock Fish Fry which was delicious.

Reviewed August 9, 2011

Other than the timing during cooking, there aren't many ways to screw up a fresh Maine lobster. So when my wife and I saw 1 1/4 lb lobsters offered for $12 we had to give them a try. As expected they were very well cooked, and well worth the money, although I do think they could do a better job draining the lobster of water. This is a small, no frills restaurant but who needs 4 star service when you're wearing a lobster bib and breaking up the crustaceans yourself?

The restaurant also had live music a couple of the nights we were in town which was enjoyable.

1  Thank FudRover