“Great find for fresh food, yummy drinks, and fabulous service!”
Review of Bartley's Dockside Dining - CLOSED

Bartley's Dockside Dining
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Kennebunk's longest licensed restaurantwith the same family ownership . . . .100 seat YEAR ROUND restaurantemploying local people, 37 years 3 generations
Southington
“Great find for fresh food, yummy drinks, and fabulous service!”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

This place caught our eye as we strolled through town. So glad we stopped. Our waitress Teresa was wonderful. Complete service with a smile and she makes a mean Bloody Mary! Lobster roll was outstanding and the blueberry pie the best we've had. Don't miss this spot if you're in town, and be sure to ask for Teresa!

Portland, Maine
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Lobster Roll I Had!”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

This restaurant had the best lobster roll my daughter and I have ever tasted in a restaurant. There wasn't a ton of mayonnaise like the other ones. You could actually taste the lobster. Our server was Teresa, and can I say that I was so happy she was. We dined outdoors and she was always there to get us a napkin or just to have a quick conversation about our time in Kennebunkport so far. She was very attentive to our needs and very friendly. We had a blast sitting outside with the really nice weather and furniture. Definitely a worthwhile restaurant. If you are ever there, ask for Teresa! In the bathroom, also, there was a wonderful salt scrub that you could put on your hands and it made my hands super smooth! 5 stars!!

Tucson, Arizona
“Yummy lobster, friendly staff”
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Trying to get in "under the wire" (ie local restaurant kitchens close at 9)... We were gladly seated to grab a bite as we drive into town late! Perfect lobster and salad on the patio in a relaxed environment. Theresa was a joy! Helpful and friendly, we felt right at home! I'm ready for lunch tomorrow!

“Wish I could rate this ZERO”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

It starts with a semi-rude welcoming by the owner, admonishing us that we couldn't park there unless we were eating in her establishment. The owner, an older woman, clearly has no clue about how to run a restaurant or how to greet guests. She then called our attention to the desserts which were unappealingly wrapped in plastic wrap on the counter. It went downhill from there. The "view" in the back was awful, complete with garbage from the nearby boat, the service was beyond incompetent. the menu is boring and outdated, and without going into painful detail, it was a tragic comedy of errors that just didn't stop. the crowning glory was when after 1 hour, the food finally arrived, and it was well below par for even a mediocre venue. the fries were tasteless, and looked to be originally frozen. The whole meal was just was thrown together. The location here is incredible, and this place is tossing their opportunity. This place should be saved, remodeled entirely, get a fresh menu, and train staff to do the job at hand.

1 Thank RawDesign
KportMainer, General Manager at Bartley's Dockside Dining, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear RawDesign:

While I always hate to rush to judgment, from the sounds of your review, I’m getting the feeling you parked at our restaurant with the intention of eating elsewhere. While you are able to park at Bartley’s, should you wish to pay our hourly rate, we reserve free parking for only our customers as parking in Lower Kennebunk and the Kennebunkport is quite limited. From there I gather your “comedy of errors,” as you phrased it, began.

We take pride in the quality of food we serve at Bartley’s and the 37 years we’ve been serving food to guests from around the world here in Lower Kennebunk. We’re not a fancy 5-star restaurant you reserve for that special one night out, instead strive to be that family restaurant, serving quality seafood at an affordable price, you visit again and again.
I’m sorry your visit to Bartley’s wasn’t to your likely and wish you the best of luck on your continued culinary adventures.

Brian
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing lobster!”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Walked in with my family, looking for Maine lobster. We asked for recommendations and ended up getting all the lobster presentations. My favorite was the lobster pie and the baked lobster. Everything was well prepared and the service was great. Worth every penny.