“Best lobster salad we've ever had!!”
Review of Bartley's Dockside Dining - CLOSED

Bartley's Dockside Dining
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Kennebunk's longest licensed restaurantwith the same family ownership . . . .100 seat YEAR ROUND restaurantemploying local people, 37 years 3 generations
Moretown, Vermont
“Best lobster salad we've ever had!!”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

What a great treat to discover this classic Maine restaurant! Stopped in for lunch due to its convenient location on the water amid shops. Enjoyed a fresh lobster salad with ample chunks of lobster tail nestled on a bed of mixed greens dotted with tomatoes, cukes,, red peppers and toasted crostini ( I passed on the red onions). Our server, Pat, made the experience fun- providing tales of local doings and sites to see. Chardonnay rounded out a pleasant meal finished off with fresh brewed coffee. All in all a delicious quintessential Maine lobster lunch!
Signed,
Two fussy Vermont professors

• Visited June 2014

“Never been so disappointed in a restaurant ”
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant left a lot to be desired, we were asked if we wanted to "sit by the water" what a joke! They stuck us out by the trash, it smelled horrible! Non of the food came out right, and the food that did come out was terrible, the bill was messed up and it took the entire staff to figure out how to fix it. Never plan to return!

KportMainer, General Manager at Bartley's Dockside Dining, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Hello Cindi S:

Every so often we get a review here at Bartley's which leads us to question the true validity of it. This is one such review. Our garbage here at Bartley's is located on the far side of our property by the gas station, it is the exact opposite side of our waterfront side deck which abuts the river.

If your review is sincere and you did have an unpleasant experience, I do encourage you to reach out to me directly. Neither myself nor anyone on my staff recalsl any such experience you've described.

Brian
Jackson, Michigan
“Great place, great fresh food not frozen....”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

This was our second stop for lunch. We ate here 4 years ago. We were greeted by Pat, our server. He was so awesome and funny- made our lunch delightful. They had twin Lobster dinner for 27.00. I ordered one Lobster for 18.00. Now you may think, wow how expensive, but do you want fresh seafood, Lobster or do you want frozen, cheap Lobster?. The Lobster was fresh.and delicious. Our waiter, Pat, made up a special drink I wanted, it was wonderful. The owner came over and she was very friendly and we talked and talked.

We ate here on the day Former Bush President (the Dad) jumped in tandem from a helicopter for his 90th birthday.

Please way and decide all reviews- some folks are competitors and give nasty reviews; others are genuine from tourists.

I saw people pull in to eat and never once did I see the owner scream at someone or be rude. Our waiter was top notch. There are concerns about the auto gratuity selections and the owner has said she will loo into this and get it changed.

I ordered the pie twice now; it is to die for. I do think the price is a bit steep and that could be an easy change to accomodate folks budgets. We were on vacation and did splurge. They should update the bathrooms...the ladies bathroom was ok but could use some updating.

If you want great food it is worth the wait- their food is FRESH and not frozen like some of the other quick stop places where you walk up to the window and order. If you want the McDonald's version of seafood and prices go elsewhere then here. But if you want great service, fresh food, good portions I recommend this place. Yes, might be bit expensive but I think you get what you pay for- it was worth the expense on our vacation....

1 Thank Ironbutterfly_1959
Los Angeles
“Casual Eatery in Kennebunkport”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Good value, perfect "Maine" atmosphere for casual dining. Lobster rolls of course, but skip the pie!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Moferry
St. Petersburg, FL
“Mistake that turned out marvelous”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Based upon reviews on the lobster roll served in Kennebunkport from Channel 5's Chronicle and Steve Harvey, I brought my 86 year old mother and two sisters from Mass. and NH for lunch. When they brought the lobster roll in a hot dog bun instead of a roll I gasped, "Oh, my this is the wrong restaurant!". We were all glad I had made this mistake in the end! The lobster was piled high in the bun and you could add butter and/or mayo if you wanted. It was served with French fries and delicious cold slaw. The homemade blueberry pie a la mode was great. The food was good, the service was good, but the hostess/owner and son made the day an experience. Their warmth and the time spent talking to us was beyond what you would normally expect. They told us a few places to take in during our day trip. They showed us photos of their personal family pictures, famous movie stars, and of course the George Bush's from day one to his 90th birthday sky dive. We sat around much longer enjoying their company than if we had gone to a fast service restaurant. If you want a delicious lobster roll without standing in a long line please go here.