“Hurrah for blueberry pie!”
Review of Bartley's Dockside Dining - CLOSED

Bartley's Dockside Dining
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Kennebunk's longest licensed restaurantwith the same family ownership . . . .100 seat YEAR ROUND restaurantemploying local people, 37 years 3 generations
Maine
“Hurrah for blueberry pie!”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We've recently relocated to Maine full time from the UK due to my husband's new job but we have spent many happy holidays in the area. After a visit to the Rachel Carson reserve on Route 9, we decided to drive to Kennebunkport to see what was open for lunch. We were delighted that one of our favourite places, Bartley's, was not only open but could fit us in - it can get seriously full in the summer! We thoroughly enjoyed our meals: I had the haddock and my husband liked his Reuben sandwich so much he even took home what he couldn't finish, which is a first for him. Hot blueberry pie a la mode was the perfect finishing touch. Our server, Julie, was great fun as well as being prompt and attentive. It felt like being on holiday! Highly recommend.

• Visited January 2014

Fairfield, Connecticut
“Friendly service, great food, perfect spot.”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We were heading home from a ski trip and had to make a stop for a Maine lobster roll. Delicious...we topped it off with a piece of homemade fresh from the oven blueberry pie al a mode.

Left pleasantly full and extremely satisfied. Thanks for treating us so well. We will be back!

• Visited January 2014
Wells, Maine
“Neeed our Fried Clam "Fix"”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Stopped by for a quick lunch.....When you enter a seafood restaurant and don't smell fish......that's a GOOD THING.......When you are looking for Fried Clams and you don't smell GREASE.....THAT'S A BETTER THING ! ......Cole Slaw was excellent but before you order it make sure Julie Made it....... Thanks for Great Lunch....

• Visited December 2013
Weymouth,MA
“Christmas prelude”
Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

Eight of us ate at this quaint little restaurant. Julie our server did a great job and was more than gracious. We all had various meals and everyone enjoyed their meals. All said I give it a great recommendation

Hampden, Maine
“still waiting....”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

I visited Kennebunk for the Christmas Prelude. Toward the end of the evening I walked by Bartley's and thought it would be a great mom and pop treasure. No, this restaurant is riding on the coat tails of the other businesses in the town. I realize the first Saturday of Christmas Prelude is one of the busiest times of the year for restaurants in Kennebunk but this was terrible. I've been a server for many years so I know how to read a dining room and I know people often exaggerate their waiting time. Not me, I received a phone call right after I placed my order with the server. So I was able to refer to the time stamp.

I dined alone tonight, and when entering the restaurant on of the servers politely offered to seat me next to the cute Christmas tree rather than the table in the corner. Once I was seated, I needed to wait approximate 5 minutes before my server came to my table. I ordered a haddock sandwich and onion rings. As I waited 40 minutes, I had plenty of time to scope out the dining room. A table of 6 were served and eating their dessert, one table paid their bill and left, one table received their bill. No large tables received food....meaning....where in hell is my lonely fried haddock sandwich??? I got up to wash my hands. You know the rule, if you want your food to come, then go to the rest room. It didn't work. But now I am able to review the facilities as well. They are worn, dated and smelly. The back room (bar area) and hall leading to the restrooms smelled like wet, aged pressed board. After returning to my table I continued to wait. After 30 minutes I asked my server how my order was doing.... he said he would check on it, and when he returned, he told me the kitchen was plating it up. HA! I continued to wait......when I saw him again he was bringing out a glass of wine, and then 2 plates to the corner table....remember the table I didn't get sat at? When I saw the 2 top get served even though they came in after me, I decided enough was enough! I walked out. The menu is pricey....my long lost haddock sandwich was going to cost $15-$17, and then I was going to pay extra for onion rings. I can't imagine the food was going to be any good with the elements I discovered while waiting... I wish I had googled the reviews before wasting my time. I typically enjoy the smaller businesses for their charm and treasures.....very disappointed.

• Visited December 2013