“Very good choice for us!”
Review of Bartley's Dockside Dining - CLOSED

Bartley's Dockside Dining
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Kennebunk's longest licensed restaurantwith the same family ownership . . . .100 seat YEAR ROUND restaurantemploying local people, 37 years 3 generations
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We were able to visit the area for a few hours and wandered in to Bartley's for lunch because it was close and we were hungry. Once there I pulled up TA to read the reviews and was disheartened because it sounded like a poor choice. Sure am glad we stayed! The staff was very friendly and helpful and spent time talking to us (I think they were getting a kick out of our southern accents!). I have eaten lobster before, but never been overly impressed - after our lunch my opinion has changed! My daughter and I shared the crab cakes appetizer and the hot lobster roll. Absolutely the best crab cakes I have ever eaten! I have never had a lobster roll before so I have nothing to compare it to, but let me say that it was incredible! We were told that the seafood had been caught that morning and I have to believe them because it was so incredibly fresh with no "fishy" taste. Yes, the decor was simple and a little dated, but it appeared clean to me. Staff was friendly and food was delicious - not sure what else you would want!

There are newer reviews for Bartley's Dockside Dining

Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

We arrived after 9 and though they were closed they agreed to make us a blueberry pie to go - it was delicious! Wonderful service, delicious pie.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

When my best friend and I head up to KPT, Bartley's is the first stop. I usually go for the lobster roll, which is served cold or hot (either way serves up tons of lobster and not too much mayo, etc.); then follow up with the BLUEBERRY PIE, which is the best in town. My friend goes right for the lobster bisque, which she claims is off-the-charts great! (I don't eat bisque), and for the blueberry pie also. At other times, I've had the fried haddock, which is delicious and light.

The staff is so friendly; we love them.

We are both from NEW ORLEANS, and are tough food critics. I've heard tell that some folks are trying to buy the property to develop it, and are writing up all the bad reviews you see on here. Don't believe it. This is a David facing a Goliath. Good folks. There for 30 something years. Go try it and you be the judge.

Julie R, Manager at Bartley's Dockside Dining, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to submit your review we at Bartleys would like to thank you for your great review. I am so happy that you enjoyed you visit with us ad hope to see you soon. Please come back and visit us on your next visit. Kennebunk throws a great prelude for Christmas you should try to come. Look forward to seeing you.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I guess the high season hasn't started yet but they need to get busy cleaning up the place and make it more appetizing and much cleaner.After much indecision,looking at other orders we just settled for a bowl of Chowdah and a slice of blueberry pie.
Good decision as it was good.The fish entries looked too fried to be tempting.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Well I can't say anything was overtly horrible on the surface ... But I would be scared to see that kitchen.... There is nothing their that you can't get anywhere else but much better and fresher ... Don't get the lobster stew or bisque or crab cake