“Go here for beer!”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Look, the food was ok. It wasn't fantastic and it wasn't terrible. This is the home of Shipyard brewery. If I was reviewing the beer I would go 5 stars. They have some really great beer! If you go in fall get a porter mixed with a pumpkin ale. They call it a smashed pumpkin, it is killer. I drank them all weekend every chance I got after I tried it once. As for the food, hey, it is there to soak up some beer and make you thirsty. Mission accomplished. I had a burger, we all pretty much had burgers. They were hot on the table, came to the table in a decent amount of time, the waitress was crazy busy and still very pleasant. I'm not going to pick apart the meal, it wasn't supposed to be white table cloth dining and it wasn't. Actually as far as bars go the food was pretty good! In the end, go here for beer!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,201)

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stopped in based on the location. That is the only thing they have. The food was terrible, poorly prepared and plated by someone that should have remained the dishwasher. What a waste if a great space. With a good chef and caring owner this should be a killer place. We told our B&B about our experience and she said that she has never heard a good review from any guests. Stay away.

2  Thank Don A
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Great harbor view. I enjoyed a flight of beer but didnt order food. We had a nice time! Good atmosphere. Located next to the quaint town of Kennebunk

Reviewed September 5, 2013

The location is nice, if you are on the deck looking out and parking, a premium in the Port, is available. The food is very average and nothing special. Many better options in the area. Service has been fine on the multiple times we have been there and wait times for tables are average and accurately states when you arrive.

Out of state young people be advised that two pieces of ID are required if you want an alcoholic beverage, even if you are with your folks, and not all ID you might provide will be accepted.

Would have given at 2.5 but no option for this.

1  Thank PatE57
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Stopped here on our way from Boston to Mid-coast Maine, easy to find and park, even on a Friday afternoon in the summer. Gorgeous day and we were able to sit outside, gazing at the water while eating. The food and service were ok, I have no complaints. A little pricey but it is a touristy spot. They brew their own beer so there's a nice selection and the location can't be beat. Would return.