“Good view and beer”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed April 30, 2013

My boyfriend and I ate here during the off-season on a Thursday evening and the place was quite busy. We did not have to wait for a table at all, which was nice, but our server was very busy. I had the mussels which were cooked in the restaurant's own ale and they were delicious and plentiful. I also had the lobster rangoon, which was decent. My boyfriend had the reuben sandwich and said it was a good, typical reuben. The highlight of the dinner was the beer, which is made in the brewery downstairs. It was the perfect temperature and the flavors were excellent. Also, the restaurant is upstairs, which allows for nice views of the water at nighttime. We will return to Federal Jack's the next time we are in town.

There are newer reviews for Federal Jacks Restaurant and Brewpub

Reviewed April 24, 2013

We ate at this restaurant during the slow season (April) and had the best table overlooking the river. The mussels were perfect with the restaurant's own locally brewed ale in the recipe. Excellent food and service!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Grabbed some drinks and a few appetizers with my family yesteday afternoon as a way to just spend a nice day off. The views of the port are wonderful, and I can only imagine how great itd be in the summer when you can sit outside and overlook the port. Our waitress was very attentive and the food and drinks were both very good. I would definitely reccomend you try this. Very reasonable prices as well compared to some other places in the area.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

The white bean hummus was very good. The strawberry salad was bland. My girlfriend said her hamburger was OK.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

The service was great. The food was better. The beer was awesome ... so my wife tells me. I loved it there.