“We keep coming back!”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We end up eating at Federal Jacks at least, usually twice, every time we come to Kennebunk. They have an amazing gluten-free menu, have many options for vegetarians and the food is GOOD. Great food for a really good price! I am serious, though - we usually go twice every time we are in the area. Twice. In two days. That says a lot. Get the caramel creme... very yummy.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,212)

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Appeared to be a gathering spot for locals, looked like they were having fun! The food was typical pub food, tasty. Hard to have conversation, if that is what you are looking for, very loud.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

My friend and I were vacationing just up the street, and decided to walk into the downtown area to find a place to eat. Federal Jack's is an impressive location. The view (right on the water) is fabulous even in the middle of winter. They have a great selection of brews on tap. My friend tried two new varieties and enjoyed them. I ordered the winter sangria and it was awful (more on that later). For dinner, I got the turkey dinner and it was excellent. Delicious stuffing. My friend ordered the duck and thought it was good; I tried a bite and liked it, and I'm not a duck fan. For dessert, we shared a piece of chocolate mousse cake. Yum. There was a fair amount of business for the middle of winter, and the prices were a little higher than I'd normally like to pay. When we got our bill, I saw I was served a "Kwanza Cocktail". I had ordered the winter sangria and saw no mention of this particular drink on either menu. I also found the name offensive. I think they should re-think the name of that particular cocktail!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Had a pleasant time during the storm. Bloody Mary was great! Shrimp Bisque had great flavor and was spiced perfectly. Blackened haddock sandwich was delicious!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

The menu items are pretty standard fare but they seem to make them in-house and are fresh. Great service and excellent beer selection made it a very good choice for casual dining.