“Outstanding As Always”

The White Barn Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The White Barn Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 67 Restaurants in Kennebunk
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Route 9
Description: Fine American cuisine served in a fabulously converted barn. The White Barn Inn Restaurant is a AAA Five Diamond, Forbes 5 Star and Relais & Châteaux property.
Marshfield
“Outstanding As Always”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Okay, so it's a bit over the top when it comes to service, food, atmosphere and prices - but it's worth every dollar! The lobster is unique in presentation - absolutely outstanding. We all ordered it and there was not a morsel left on our plates when we were done. The martini's were also great and they have a fantastic wine list. Save up and treat yourself for an evening that you will never forget !

Visited May 2014
1 Thank JayMarshfield

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Kennebunk, Maine
“Simply Wonderful!”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

The White Barn Inn dining experience is impeccable from the time you enter this establishment until you depart. The food is simply delicious, the service is superb, and the extras are such fun. It's a culinary dream come true, with a little of this, a little of that in a formal but not uppity environment. We had a great time with our server, who knew how to provide just exactly the right amount of guidance and attention without hovering or making us feel inexperienced (we were). We hope to return to the White Barn in the future!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Linda D
Boston
“Absolutely wonderful”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Went to celebrate my wife's birthday. It was expensive but worth every penny. Everything was absolutely first class. Surprising attention to detail--an example: when we arrived, someone opened the door for us and asked for our name. I gave him my last name and he escorts us to the staff member who would seat us and says my first and last name. He must have memorized all the guests first names since I did not give him my first name. Food was fabulous; the wine list was extensive and first rate and the service was perfect. A memorable evening

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank itsmeboston
New York, New York, United States
“Impressive and delicious with minor glitches”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I was impressed with the caliber of service on entry, the overall feel of the restaurant, and the ambiance. I was surprised and disappointed that it then took more than 10 minutes for the server to introduce herself and for the bus boy to pour water. I was also surprised by the lack of explanation of the complicated menu. Despite having dined at other high-end restaurants, I admit I felt out of my league and felt like I was "winging it". Nothing said the menu was a 4 course prix fixe, and the staff did not clarify. The food was delicious and presented in a thoughtfully artistic way, but I was disappointed that I has several sandy bites of scallop (appetizer). The portions were unexpectedly generous, and the richness made the food heaver and portions seem even bigger. I do not think I have ever had a more delicious lobster or souffle (strawberry). My husband's bison loin tatake appetizer and cookies and cream creme brulee desert plate were phenomenal. I didn't taste his halibut, but he enjoyed it. I ordered the avocado and lime sorbet for my intermezzo (i found it strange), but ended up eating my husband's corn chowder with lobster beignet, which was a much more delicious choice. We might consider returning if we are in Kennebunkport again. It is at the top of our list of most expensive meals, and also at the top of our high-end meals.

• Visited May 2014
New Rochelle, New York
“Another outstanding dinner”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

This was our third time at the White Barn and our third tasting menu. Food was outstanding. Nils and his team provided excellent service.

The White Barn Inn is formal, but not stuffy. An experience not to be missed.

• Visited May 2014