“living like the "other half"...”

The White Barn Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The White Barn Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 68 Restaurants in Kennebunk
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Route 9
Description: Fine American cuisine served in a fabulously converted barn. The White Barn Inn Restaurant is a AAA Five Diamond, Forbes 5 Star and Relais & Châteaux property.
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I am not a wealthy person, this was a huge splurge for me and i will always remember it.
the service was outstanding, the menu was varied and inviting and the food was amazing.
It was a prix fixe and I thought, considering we enjoyed lobster, the price was worth the pampering.

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

A splurge worthy restaurant. It will nip at your pocket book but so worth it. The food is sublime. The wine pairings are unforgettable and not typical in that chardonnay goes with chicken kind of way. The service was on par with Michelin rated restaurants we have dined at in Europe. The decor was fantastic and kept to a theme but not over done. The area around the windows featured seasonal decorations tastefully. The maitre d was perfect and the service was Co-ordinated. There was two parking attendants and they were also Co-ordinated.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

We learned from our wait staff that our chef last night was a gal named Gabby and she is obviously an absolute wizard in the kitchen!
It took us over 20 years to finally make it to this very special establishment (it was our 30th anniversary treat to each other), and we were pleasantly astounded!
We'd like to let mobility impaired customers know, however, that there is a concern with accessibility. There are many granite steps up to the Inn, so you must traverse up a small grade grassy lawn. If you use a wheelchair, best to mention at time of reservation so they will have their very accommodating staff help you in (and you will be restricted to certain rooms due to the layout of the lovely historic building).
If anyone can make something happen, it will be the White Barn.....'unable to do' is NOT in their vocabulary.
Bravo WBI, you treated we 'country bumpkins' as royalty and created a truly memorable anniversary, not soon forgotten.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

We ate at the restaurant twice- once for dinner and again for breakfast during our stay at the White Barn Inn. Fabulous. Service was excellent and the food was even better. Our three course dinner turned into several more when they brought out several 'tastes' from the kitchen- always a nice touch. The fall decorations were beautiful- we had a great view of a 450 lb pumpkin! (Not that I would base my experience on the decorations alone- great decorations and horrible food would not be somewhere I would want to dine- the detailed seasonal decorations just simply added more to a wonderful experience.) Well worth the money spent and we cannot wait to return.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

I had been a little scared about spending $300+ at the White Barn Inn when there had been some rather negative reviews on Tripadvisor of late. My fears were unfounded. This was one of the best meals we had on our trip to New England. Yes, there is a level of formality here, but it is a special meal and a special night out, and the staff treat it accordingly. I had the salmon and it was the best I have had in my life. Every course was of the same exceptional standard.

The service was impressive. When waiting for the car, a young English trainee passed us, asked if we had had a pleasant evening, and was so delightful. Such nice staff are clearly an asset to the Inn.