“Not what we were looking for....”
Review of Torches Grill & Bar - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Torches Grill & Bar
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 5, 2014

My husband and I stopped in this place for a 'quick' lunch as we were passing through Kennebunk. Unfortunately, we didn't get any attention from a waitress for about 10 minutes...and then we didn't get any food until we had been in the restaurant for over 35 minutes. So much for our 'quick' lunch.

The menu is very limited (about 5-10 items only) and is different each day. We were there on a Wednesday so had the chicken wings which were VERY good, thankfully.

It is a very small place so it is very loud. Additionally, there was a live singer/guitarist there at lunchtime. He was actually quite good -- but because there are so many people in there talking loudly, the music just added to the din. My husband and I couldn't even carry on a conversation. This place would probably be a great place for a group of people wanting to drink, have a few apps, and watch sports.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Myself and three friends came here, my second time. I came in May and had a bad experience then also. Thought I give it a redemption try, failed. There was a huge party of like 20 that thought the place was theirs, they were so loud. Then a guy with a guitar started playing cover songs in the bar room, it was the worst cover music we ever heard, we asked if they were paying this guy, they did.. wow. The mozz sticks were good, but 7 bucks for six small stix is pricey. I ordered the steak tips, the taste was over powering and left a terrible after taste, they were not cooked they way I asked, and six small pieces was 17 bucks, I can get larger portions at even Bickfords more three less bucks and they are way better. I was told about an option of baked potato or mashed, but when it came out there was also squash, I was not told about this, and I hate squash. My friend got a taco salad and he broke his front tooth on it. My other friend got a steak it was so tiny for over 20 bucks, crazy... this is not top of the hub in Boston. My other friend got a dish that had chicken in it and it was dry he said. I could not believe they charged a buck for soda refills... wow, charge so much for small portions of bad food and then charge for refills on cheap soda, wow. What a mistake we made by coming here. I should have read the reviews before we walked in. We wound up having desert at Dairy Queen down the road for the music just drove us crazy, DQ was the best part of our meal. Stay away!!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

It looked nice when they first opened. We ate there once. The food was average. They were very friendly. They were pushing a lot of mixed drinks. The drinks were ok but I wouldn't eat there again.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

a little out of the way kind of place, great patio and good service. Live music and easy parking. A quiet out of the rush of things if you want to drive up Rte.1 a bit.....

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stopped in to Torches at around 8:30pm on a Saturday night. We were promptly seated in the dining room. We were a party of four adults and three children. The waitress was pleasant and cheerful. The menu was extensive and offered many specials. We ordered a round of drinks, and several appetizers. Our drinks came after a lengthy wait. Our appetizers arrived 45 minutes after we ordered them. As they were being placed on the table, we immediately noticed the poor presentation, and even worse, the preparation of each item was awful. The flat bread pizza is not on flat bread, the cheese used appears to have been an orange hued cheddar blend...not something for use on pizza of any sort. The crust was thick, the tomato sauce was chunky and there was way too much of it. The cheese as stated was just wrong. The chicken fingers were over cooked and dry. The dipping sauce was a watery citrus flavored mess. The onion rings were poorly battered and saturated in grease. The mini sliders were over cooked and arrived 10 minutes after the rest of the appetizers. The waitress was apologetic and cited "problems in the kitchen". I would suggest that when you see the sign for Torches...keep driving, there are dozens of better places to eat...including McDonalds and Subway. Seriously, avoid this place at all costs, eat here at your peril.