The Beach House
$104
King's Port Inn(Kennebunk)(Great Value!)
$169
$139
$107
Hampton.com
The Lodge at Kennebunk(Kennebunk)(Great Value!)
$59
The Grand Hotel(Kennebunk)(Great Value!)
$151
Grace White Barn Inn and Spa(Kennebunk)
$290
$69
Nonantum Resort(Kennebunkport)(Great Value!)
$189
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsquichefront porchcookiesocean viewcrackerssister propertycontinental breakfastcommon areasfire pitcomplimentary bikesslept with the windows openmy husband and iyogurtbeach chairs and towelssound of the wavescoffee and tealobby area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Decided to book The Beach House in June for two nights during our August trip to Maine. Have passed it many times and thought we'd go for the convenience this year of being right on Kennebunk Beach. Then I happened to read some of the negative reviews and was concerned and called about the reviews. We had a garden room which was clean, quiet, cool, and comfortable. We did not hear any noisy pipes or other guests. Our air conditioner was not noisy- just an air conditioner. The breakfast selections were fine- nothing out of the ordinary other than the quiche each morning. But the food was certainly fresh. The public rooms were clean and comfortable with wifi accessibility. This is not a typical bed and breakfast- it's more like bed and breakfast leaning heavily to a hotel. But we loved being right on the beach with off street parking. Even though I feel it's too pricey, which is my reason for the four stars, I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: The garden room we had was just fine.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I read the reviews from others and am well aware of the sister property others referenced aka White Barn Inn but really, at over $600 a night, I was not about to try to compare. We had a lovely room at garden level which had a very plush cozy bed and was quite large with nice antique style furnishings. The main inn was quiet and peaceful and the all day tea was lovely to have. I thought there was a nice selection for breakfast, something for everyone and the front porch was a nice place to sit with a glass of wine. All in all it was a very nice place, comfortable and maybe a tad pricey but not overwhelmingly so. I would stay here again. The only downside was the noisy pipes when the hot water was running which clinked and clanked quite a bit but overall, very nice.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

If you're just expecting a typical bed and breakfast, then this place is fine. It has a nice view of the water, the staff is friendly, and the rooms are decent. Unfortunately, the website makes it seem a bit more upscale and it's fairly expensive. For the price we paid, I did not feel that it lived up to our expectations. If it had been under $200 a night, I would have felt good about it, but I think it's way too pricey for what it is. Our room was okay, nice but definitely a bit worn and there were dirt marks on the wall. The AC was extremely noisy and it kept waking me up. The bathroom was super tiny and had a drop ceiling. Definitely not luxurious. Also, while it's across from the water, it's not across from the beach. They do have parking passes and its not a far drive but you can't simply cross the street and walk along the water. There were also many cobwebs on the porch. Again, if this place charged less, I might give it a better review, but its just not worth the price. If you want to splurge on a nice room, I would recommend the Cape Arundale Inn, which feels truly luxurious and is in a similar price range.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank LaraJoy
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Before booking we saw some great reviews and some not so good reviews. I should have gone with the latter. As this is a sister property of White Barn Inn, we thought we couldn't go wrong. We were taken to our "Garden View Room". The room was nicely decorated but very small. The bathroom was revamped but I had hardly enough room to wash my face. Five star, nope! Our "Garden View" gave us a view of the septic tank! Funny how that view was not on the website when we booked this specific room! Yes, really, the septic tank! The AIr Conditioning is a wall unit and it was so loud and also did not cool properly. Our toilet also had to be fixed during the stay. The front desk was nice but NOT knowledgeable about anything. I think they use new hires to intern at this property. One didn't know WiFi was only in the breakfast area and not in the room. For the price we paid, I expect WiFi in my room. Another could not offer any sightseeing advice and gave us a guidebook from 1999 to look at. Again I would expect this at a cheaper place but not here. The breakfast served was the same pastries the entire week. No new pastries were brought in. There was no Splenda after the first day and when I asked I was told they don't have it. Again this is not a $165 a night place, it was markedly more and they should bring fresh food daily. Same thing with the cheese in the afternoon and the cookies. It seems like they only get one delivery of food a week there. You have to drive to town to do anything. There are no shops nearby. On a positive note our room was cleaned early and thorough everyday. Also the view of the beach was nice from the patio. All in all, for the price they are charging the above things that happened are no excuse. If I was only paying $165 a night, I would have no complaints. Also they do not have an on site manager. I would NOT stay here again for the price paid. They need to either lower the price or improve their standards to the price they charge as there are several other places nearby that charge the same and get rave reviews. If you are a first time visitor, STAY somewhere ELSE.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2013

What a lovely property. It's a smallish inn with a separate guest cottage available, perhaps 30 rooms. Very quaint. Across the street from the beach. Staff are wonderful and couldn't be more helpful. Two sister properties, The White Barn Inn and the Yachtsman.

Great place to relax and use as a springboard for day trips.

Room Tip: Ocean view is fabulous.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple