Waldo Emerson Inn(Kennebunk)
Hampton.com
$139
Kennebunk Inn(Kennebunk)
$164
The Lodge at Kennebunk(Kennebunk)(Great Value!)
$127
$119
$193
King's Port Inn(Kennebunk)(Great Value!)
$189
TripAdvisor
$695
Relais & Châteaux
All reviewsquichefront porchcookiesocean viewcrackerssister propertycontinental breakfastfire pitcommon areascomplimentary bikesmother's beachbeach chairs and towelsmy husband and iiron and ironing boardcoffee and teastayed dayscharming place
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Stayed here for two nights and it is very pleasant and comfortable. The fact that they decided to renovate the front porch at the peak of tourist season is a little disappointing as we were looking forward to sitting out there in the evening but it was all dismantled and closed off. Besides that, its a recommendation from us that this is a very nice place to stay. A little more attention could be paid to the upkeep. The ceiling tiles in our bathroom had water damage and needed replacement. Its those little things that makes a place just okay or great.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Lovely, friendly bed and breakfast inn right across the street from the ocean. Very clean. Wonderful free continental breakfasts.
No bar. Could be more games available for rainy days. Only negatives were a noisy air conditioner and curtains that did not fit nor did they block out morning sunlight.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2011

Just came back for a 3 night stay at the inn - myself, my husband and almost 3 year old. This is our third time coming to the inn and we do enjoy it there. The location is the best part about the inn, you are directly between two beaches. We like this place enough that we go here every summer and will continue to do so. Over all it was a great stay. I do wish that all of the rooms had flat screen t.v.'s and DVD players (as another reviewer had mentioned), and there was a little "wear and tear" in the room. Ours had an older TV with a VCR with a remote that did not work. Cable reception was never good here, but we also had this issue at the White Barn Inn 4 years ago. They are in the middle of some remodeling now so I am excited to see what next year will bring. Breakfast is always great and my daughter loved the afternoon cookies - the front desk attendant was nice enough to give her some extras for the evening! I also think the service at the inn has gotten better over the past three years. I would have given it 5 stars - but I still think there is a little room for improvement - with that said, I highly recommend staying at the inn.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2011

My husband and I just returned from a two night stay at the Beach House Inn with our two year old daughter. Having stayed at one of their sister properties in the past (The Yachtsman, also in Kennebunkport) we were really looking forward to this visit.

We stayed in room 106 which was a garden level room, recently renovated. The room itself was small, but very pretty and tastefully furnished. The bath, too, was well done with granite and nice tile - it also had Molton Brown bath products. We had our own private access to the outside through our slider which offered some sitting area in the Inn's garden. Everything was very clean! We were traveling with our two year old and some things that came in handy were the pack n play (already set up when we arrived), the DVD player with flatscreen tv, no additional charge for her occupancy (a lot of the other inns/hotels charge $70+ per night for more than 2 people) and the complimentary continental breakfast.

We did see another room at the Inn which was not yet renovated so I can understand some of the more negative reviews. However, they've recently finished painting the outside of the building as well as building a brand new wrap around porch - both of which came out beautifully. And the main-level is very well done with one gorgeous sitting room over looking the ocean and two dining areas where you can enjoy their continental breakfast. Speaking of which, the breakfast (served from 8-10 AM) was a pleasant surprise - croissants, muffins, danish, quiche, cereal, yogurt, homemade granola, oatmeal, meats, cheeses, (hot) coffee, juice, sparkling water and tea. Replenished often so you never went waiting for anything!

Lastly, the location is supreme! You can't get much closer to the ocean than the Beach House Inn. It's just a short walk to two of Kennebunkport's great beaches. And the price for high season (and on a weekend) wasn't bad at all ($239/night).

Highly recommend the Beach House for a visit to Kennebunkport.

Room Tip: Request one of their renovated rooms!!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank vacswest
Reviewed August 1, 2011

We stayed here for 1 night in the cottage. It was definitely not worth the price! We paid $900 for the night and were really disappointed. The house itself was just okay inside nothing special. We were on a 10 day trip and this was some of the worst mattress I have ever slept on. The day bed my daughter was on was horrible! It was so bad that I went to find something to pad it with. There were NO extra blankets in the unit, so I thought I would call the front desk/housekeeping. Come to find out everyone leaves at 7:00...and you’re on your own. So I found the housekeeping room in the basement and found a blanket on my own.

As for breakfast it was nice to listen to the workmen on the porch hammering and drilling the new porch they were installing.

No bellmen to help with luggage...again you were on your own! If I were you, I would find a better place to spend your money and your time!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family