All reviewsquichefront porchcookiesfire pitocean viewcontinental breakfastcrackerssister propertycomplimentary bikescommon areasmother's beachbeach chairs and towelsmy husband and iiron and ironing boardside yardcoffee and teastayed days
Reviewed July 13, 2011

The staff was always friendly and professional. Breakfast outside on the wrap around porch is one of the best features of the Beach House inn; the view of the ocean is wonderful and the entire street-area is very charming and relaxing. The room was clean and comfortable. My wife and I visited last summer and the summer before as well. We were very happy with our stay and have no complaints.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2011

My now-fiance and I stayed here last summer as our first getaway together. I booked the stay through Jetsetter.com, so I got a great deal. At full price, I think they charge too much for these rooms. The room we had was very nice and clean, but not luxurious by any means. The bed was VERY comfy, and we had a great view of the ocean from our window. The location is very good - right across the street (as are all of the hotels) from the rocky beach. The cute little area of Kennebunk center, where there are restaurants and shops, is about a 7 minute drive. Overall, we really liked this place and are considering booking it again for our makeshift honeymoon (delaying the big trip a couple of months to avoid hurricane season!).

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank amanda16
Reviewed May 29, 2011

For $143/night in a Garden Room, this was perfect for my husband and I to get away from the kids for a night. The reviews are accurate - it is no frills, could use a coat of paint, and the rugs have stains. But breakfast was good, it is nicely located a short drive from the main area, the bed was comfortable, the room was clean, and the air conditioner worked. We chose to spend our money on dinner at the White Barn Inn - about 2 miles away, and wouldn't have done anything differently.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2011

Sometimes one wonders why an inn would have such a strict no cancellation policy ( neither death nor permanent vegetative coma qualifies). Then you pull up to the
peeling paint, the rotting timbers and you pray you have the wrong address.
The staff don't deserve this. But clients deserve a clean room , a tv that has been made since 1980 with a viewable picture, a breakfast which in some small way reflects some of the quality which New England is capable of. It's like staying in your grandmothers home and feeling guilty that you are not spending your day helping her clean and repair her crumbing home. Move out, you would say,it' s too much for you.Let someone bulldoze it, take the money and move into a cottage.Don't on any account advertise yourself as having a luxury inn.

• Stayed: May 2011
12  Thank WesCraw
Reviewed April 6, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for a weekend in April and were very impressed with the staff, the continental breakfast, the room furnishings and cleanliness, and the location. We would definitely go back! We liked Allison's Restaurant in the "downtown" area as well - good seafood!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple