All reviews bagels game room room was clean bike path nice pool continental breakfast nova scotia free wifi place to stay juice and coffee nice stay cleaning staff stayed nights parking pass short drive sized bed hard boiled eggs
Selected filters
Reviewed October 1, 2018

Charles (Chuck) was a real human being with a great smile & gift for gab. We arrived early on the day and Chuck allowed us to get our room early (usually unheard of). The room was a totally isolated, barely attached end room, that for the money was one of the best deals we had had in a very long time. The room was clean, bright & comfy. The amenities were awesome, the bath room acceptable & we enjoyed our stay on Leo's 70th. Birthday weekend immensely. What a sensational stay & deal for the $.

Room tip: Do your reviews before you commit.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Charles H, Owner at The Lodge at Kennebunk, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2018

Thank you for such a glowing review! It's wonderful that you loved everything during your stay at our place. We would love to have you back for another visit anytime.

Reviewed September 27, 2018

We choose to stay at this hotel (2 nights) because it was close to Kennetbunkport but more reasonably priced than staying in the town. Its only minutes away to the town and ocean. I work in the travel industry and this Fall I wanted to try out "motels" instead of the big box hotels in order to give my customers more options when travelling to Maine. I'm from Nova Scotia, Canada and this type of road trip is very popular with my customers and friends for the Fall season. I've done this annually for many years (picking different areas to stay) and have many people who ask my suggestions on what to do and where to stay. I wanted to change it up this year so I searched out "motels" for our trip. This motel was extremely affordable with breakfast included. The room was very spacious with a king bed, mini frig, microwave. Very tiny bathroom but I'm not complaining, just small. No hairdryer which I would recommend they should have in the rooms. I went out and bought one...just the time I didn't take one with me...LOL. They may have had one if I asked but I didn't bother....again not complaining. I needed a new one anyway. I do think all motels should provide this in each room. The room was clean BUT not great. The carpet was a bit dingy and could be replaced but more importantly, under the bed (at the baseboards on the wall) needs a good cleaning. That area has collected quite a bit of dust and whatever. This is one area I always look at and I was disappointed to see the build up. Other than that, I felt the room was clean enough. Again, for the price I was happy with the room condition minus my one complaint. It wouldn't take much to fix that...just a vacuum and a wipe down. Seriously, not a huge issue with me but cleanliness is very important as that's the first thing my customers ask. This place is good but not great in that department. Now having said that I must say, the bed was great. Clean and comfortable - no complaints there and the bathroom was also very clean so please don't misunderstand - it was clean! Breakfast - they have a nice breakfast room with a great variety. Bagels, waffles, boiled eggs, fruit, yogurt, cereal, juice, great coffee. Everything you cold want. I was very impressed with the breakfast options. I was more than happy with the selection and the coffee was great. This motel is older but I feel it is being kept up pretty well considering the age. They have a nice pool and the grounds are nice. Staff were all very friendly and "Charles" gave us some great suggestions on what we should do in Kennetbunkport (thank you). We paid $69.00 per night which is very affordable (with breakfast include - bonus) and I felt for that price it was definitely worth it. We did travel in the off season so I'm sure its higher in the summer months. YES I would recommend this motel if you are looking for a more economical place to stay and also, after my road trip staying in motels across Maine....they are much more personable than the big box hotels as most we stayed in were family run which I enjoyed immensely. It was a nice change and I look forward to doing that again. Stay here, its worth it and close enough to Kennetbunkport and Kittery outlets is only a 30 minute drive away. Please don't misunderstand my review as being negative....its not. I'm honest and like to tell it like it is. Its an older motel, great location, great price, great breakfast. Yes I would go back.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Barb, thanks for staying with us. We're disappointed to hear if your room wasn't spotless when you arrived. If you let us know at the time, one of our team members would've been more than happy to take a look if there were any issues with your room. We're pleased that you were impressed with our breakfast selections, location, and pricing. We hope you'll visit us again in the future!

Reviewed September 22, 2018

We stayed 1 night in this roadside motel while we were visiting Kennebunkport. We opted to stay in Kennebunk since the costs were more reasonable that the hotels in kennebunkport. The room was clean, but they need updating. The bed was very uncomfortable and the bathroom drain was rusty which kind of creeped me out. The game room was closed and locked. You can also hear the constant sounds of traffic going by since they are right on the road. The host wasn't rude, but he wasn't friendly either. The price was reasonable, however I wouldn't stay again or recommend this place.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank shimmygrl8
Charles H, Owner at The Lodge at Kennebunk, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2018

It's disappointing that our place didn't impress you more during your stay. We appreciate our charm and our place is advertised as a lodge, and we believe our pricing reflects that. We apologize if you were expecting anything different. However, our beds should always be comfortable for our guests, so we're sorry if we missed the mark on that. You should feel welcomed every time you visit us, and we apologize if there was any miscommunication between you and our host. If you're ever back in the area, we hope you'll consider giving us another shot.

Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

Can’t say enough good things about our stay. First, it’s a challenge to find a reasonably priced room/suite that will accommodate four children. The suite we had was a king sized bed in one room and two doubles in the other. Not cramped at all, still plenty of room to move around. We also really appreciated how well everything was kept. It’s hard to keep carpet in a beach area and it was nice. No musty smell or dampness. The bathroom was super cute, clean and jacuzzi tub was a bonus. Another huge bonus for traveling with kids was the complimentary breakfast. Great choices, excellent juice and coffee. Btw, the grounds are lovely too with a clean pool! Parking pass for the beach. Very, very nice staff. I can’t wait to go back!

Trip type: Traveled with family
Charles H, Owner at The Lodge at Kennebunk, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2018

Thank you for your kind words! It's awesome we could accommodate your family well during your stay. From our rooms to our clean grounds, it's great you enjoyed everything about our place. Come back for another visit anytime!

Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

Spacious rooms. Just off of 95 and outside of town. For the price you cannot go wrong. I was impressed with the fresh bagels, creamed cheese and other selections for breakfast. Management was very helpful. They gave us a beach pass for free parking. Can’t beat that! The cleaning staff forgot a towel and shampoo in the room. There was not enough battery power in the remote to turn on the TV. Seems like the cleaning staff needs to get their act together! I see gas grills onsite. That is a nice perk! Pool looks inviting.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Charles H, Owner at The Lodge at Kennebunk, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2018

James, It's awesome we could provide a great stay for you! While we're glad you loved the rooms and the fresh breakfast, we wish our service could've impressed you the same. We'll check back to ensure our rooms are always fully stocked before each visit going forward. We hope you'll consider visiting next time you're in town!