All reviews bagels game room room was clean bike path nice pool nova scotia place to stay juice and coffee nice stay cleaning staff stayed nights parking pass sized bed hard boiled eggs off season charles motel
Selected filters
Reviewed April 18, 2017

I was in town for a friend's Celebration of Life and found the hotel to be a pleasant surprise. It was very modest, however, very clean and comfortable. The hardwood floors were a plus because I always wonder what is lurking in hotel carpets.
The queen sized but was comfortable and the linens, although a bit worn were clean.
The location is not great as the hotel is on a main road, however, I did not hear any noise in the evening. The bathroom was dated but clean.
My only complaint was that when I went to the lobby to get a cup of coffee on the morning of my departure, the coffee pots were empty. Although, the server hurried to make a new pot, I could not wait. Also, only powdered mild/cream was available. Real milk is a plus.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank CRHabitat
Reviewed January 19, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here with our dog while traveling and actually returned back for a second stay before going home. Staff friendly and helpful. Nice pool and game room. Nice grounds to walk the dog and throw a football around. Other guests were very nice to talk to. I would definitely recommend this hotel and hope to make it there again someday soon.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank rochell z
Charles H, Manager at The Lodge at Kennebunk, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2017

We here at The Lodge at Kennebunk are always ready to welcome you home. We like to consider our place your home away from home.

Reviewed December 6, 2016

We needed a place for the night to sleep before a cross country trip. Checked in early then left, coming back late to find the heat was not on, 51 degrees in room. Manager came to room and started fan which was so loud that we had to leave very early will little to no sleep. Very outdated, no offer to compensate. Would not recommend.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Charles H, Manager at The Lodge at Kennebunk, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2017

I wanted to respond to your concerns. As we do not want to waste heating fuel,we not not leave the heat running above 51 until a guest arrives. I did help you set the temperature that you wanted and explained that it will take time to reach the temperature.I did go to your room after you left and it was quite warm,well over 75. As to the blower someone had turned it to the highest level,probably to get warmer faster. We would love to discuss and issues please always feel free to contact me.

Reviewed October 29, 2016 via mobile

We only spent one night here. We were given a disabled room. We found the windows were all unlocked and the door was very difficult to close and then lock. The room was poorly furnished. It felt like something dating back to the 1950's. There was only one restaurant in the vicinity about 3 miles away.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

I have seen your concerns and wanted to respond to your concerns. As to given the disabled room,it was the only King bedroom available.As to poorly furnished all the rooms have been updated as for May 2016, I am not sure why your feel as though it was from 1950's. As to a restaurant the Village Tavern is less then a 1/2 mile away and is listed as one of the best Restaurants in the area. Sorry to hear we were not a good fit for you.

Reviewed October 21, 2016

We stayed one night with our under 10lbs dogs (they only charged us the $10 fee for one) and we had a basic, clean room with a king size bed, hardwood floors and a small area rug at the end of the building (close to a side-lawn area for the dogs to easily access).

In the off season and on a week night the room was $75/night. The bed was comfortable (wife is 7mos pregnant and said she slept unusually well) and there was a small fridge with freezer compartment, microwave and desk w/ chair.

** Favorite part was the continental breakfast in the morning... lots of options including: decent coffee selection, juice, milk, fruit, cereal, oatmeal, bagels, English muffins, butter, jelly, cream cheese and even waffles with syrup

Date of stay: October 2016